Help!!! renting space/chair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leanne80

Reaction score
hi can any1 help me?
i'm wanting to rent a chair but i think i'm renting a space can any1 tell me the difference please!!!!:confused:
What comes with renting a chair usually it's all new 2 me!!!

When you rent a chair, you provide all stock and equipment for yourself. You provide your own clientelle. You are self employed within someone elses salon. The clients pay you direct and you then pay rent to the owner of the salon.

when renting a seat! does the salon owner provide a junior for shampooing ets...
does backwash (shampoo, conditioner, towels) be provided???:confused:

No you provide all the stock and equipment that you need. I don't provide the use of a junior unless they pay a much higher rent.
A chair rent is your own business within a salon. Mine provide and launder their own towels and gowns. They have all their own stock and equipment. I provide the chair, hot water, heat/light and tea/cofee/water. Clients pay the stylist direct, and they pay me a set rent. There are no extras charged on top.

From the other side of the coin, I'm a hairdresser looking to rent out a chair to a sylist, but don't know much about it all (this place is like my bible) but this thread has been interesting. Persianista...it seems like the way you work it is fairly simple, providing it all runs smoothly!! I need to now work out how much I would charge for a chair rent...

:) good luck with your venture, you will love it (just make sure you get a good sleep for how busy you will be every day!!) xxx

Hi.

Don't know if this will be of any help, but I rented a chair in a small salon about 4 years ago. I paid £30 per day, and bought all my own stock. The salon provided me use of a junior (although there was only one in the salon, so we all had to share her!!) they also let me use gowns, and tea and coffe facilities.

:hug:

Thanks, that gives me an idea. I would be happy to let someone use my junior but as long as I had first dibs!! :)

I would then charge a higher rent, as the salon is paying for the junior.

i am being charged £150 pre week but i am supplying the back basin, chairs, i have to get my own insurance cover and everything else myself i just think cause i,m doing all this it seems more than renting a seat as they're already my seats!!!
:confused::confused::confused:?????????
I am a salon owner @ the mo, but just with having recently had a family where i am is too much!!!! We didn't rent chairs so it's a whole new thing for me!!!!!

One fifty a week is pretty cheap. I charge much more although I do provide the salon furniture.

ok thanks very much 4 your help, i appreciate it xx:):):):):)

Latest posts

Back