Bleach blond to copper

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janeyw

Reaction score
Hi all… I’m new to this site but have been hairdressing for many years… had my own salon for 30 years but gave it up a few years ago and decided to rent a chair in a beauty salon. I’m now the only stylist there so have no one to bounce ideas around with so would just like some different opinions on how to achieve this. I have a client who normally has full head bleach and an ashy toner. She would now like to go copper and has stipulated not red… have shown her colour chart and she loves 0/43 so you get the idea of what she’s looking for…
Her hair now has roots 7/0 and mids and ends faded to a golden blond. Her hair is short and in good condition
So I’m thinking of lifting roots as normal with bleach, bleach bath ends, dry, weave out few blond highlights then flood with copper. I use Wella so will be using colour touch, but just can’t decide which one to go with as not had any clients wanting copper for such a long time… I have a few ideas
9/36 25g + 0/43 5g + 1.9%
Or
9/43+9/03 equal Illumina + pastel
Or
9/03 +8/43 2-1 + 1.9%
Any thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated, I’m wanting a true copper with no red… think I’m over thinking this😂
Have posted pic of clients hair (ash) and how she would like it now.

Attachments

• IMG_5481.jpeg
    IMG_5481.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5472.jpeg
    IMG_5472.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 0
If you were to use illumina I would use 2parts 9/43 + 1parts 7/43.
For colour touch I'd use 8/43
For colour touch you could either use what you suggested it use 9/36 + 8/43.
Kolesten you could use 9/04 + 8/43

If you were to use illumina I would use 2parts 9/43 + 1parts 7/43.
For colour touch I'd use 8/43
For colour touch you could either use what you suggested it use 9/36 + 8/43.
Kolesten you could use 9/04 + 8/43
Thank you so much for your reply… really good to get another opinion… think I’ll go for the colour touch 9/03 + 8/43 first as have those in stock so will do a test piece first then if not quite right I’ll give it a tweak …. Would you do equal amounts or 20g 9/03 + 10g 8/43.

Thank you so much for your reply… really good to get another opinion… think I’ll go for the colour touch 9/03 + 8/43 first as have those in stock so will do a test piece first then if not quite right I’ll give it a tweak …. Would you do equal amounts or 20g 9/03 + 10g 8/43.
Probably equal amounts I think. Because you're prelightening it will fade after a wash or two. So I'd say it's better to be a touch darker/ richer to start with rather than not enough.

Probably equal amounts I think. Because you're prelightening it will fade after a wash or two. So I'd say it's better to be a touch darker/ richer to start with rather than not enough.
Yes, I agree… thank you for your help, much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back