Help with advertising

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NLCnailsbeauty

Reaction score
Heyy,
I set up a mobile beauty business about a month ago and have 4/5 returning clients (one a good friend and 2 family members). I do gel polish, gel extensions, waxing, party lashes and tinting atm but looking to add more asap. Just wondering if anyone can help with ideas to advertise at minimal cost as I have spent alot on setting up. I have business cards and have leafletted my flyers. I also have a page on FB which I post on 3/4/5 times a day and share on my personal page too. I've managed 146 likes since I started up. I have offers on every week and atm have an offer for 20% off a full price treatment in Jan if having a treatment this month. I do my own nails as well to try and gain interest.
Any help would be much appreciated =)
Thanks x

One of my best advertising tools is going to ladies' days and evenings, or craft fayres. I offer gel polish at a reduced rate and a percentage off their next treatment, but I always take a deposit as I've found 1/2 of them tend to be the ones who don't turn up, but the ones who do are very valuable clients!

Golf clubs are great for both advertising and ladies' days, as the ladies who go to them are usually older and have more time and money to spare.

I've also found posting leaflets along with a voucher for £5 off or 10% off has been pretty good for me.

You could also offer incentives for your existing clients to bring friends along. When I go to people's houses I mention that I offer discounts for group bookings, and then I seem to have an extra 3 or 4 people next time which is amazing to build a client base.

Good luck!

Don't over post on Facebook, you need to post once a day at an optimum time. Look at your insights and it will tell you what times your audience is at its peak. Mon-thurs mine is 9.45 so this is when I schedule my posts for. Make sure they are engaging, add photos, ask questions to get them talking.

Don't do too many offers people question why if you do so much.

Hope this helps? I've been mobile for 4 years and its a lot of hard work but worth it! X

Brilliant, thank you both for your advice. I expect it to be difficult with just starting out and being mobile it's a bit harder to get your name out there without a shop front in everyone's view.

I am planning on stickering up my car with my business name and number as well.

Really like the idea of the ladies day, we have a few golf clubs near us which I can try.

Just getting to grips with the FB page so will look into the scheduled posts too.

Thanks again! =)

You're welcome I've been there so know what it's like! Have a look to see if there's any help locally with courses etc. my local council is great with small business support and I've been on a number of funded courses about email marketing, social media, google optimisation etc.

Also I found networking with other local businesses helped a lot. It opened doors and gave me some great contacts!

Iv had the same issues when I started the thing about FB don't over post do 2 max posts per day on the other hand with twitter you can most even 10 times a day because it moves so fast. Try a sponsored add on FB for €5 per day and see how many likes and comments you get it's worked well for me. Also if you use a salon management system use the marketing features on it to promote your business. I use hive salon software it must be the simplest system I have ever come across and has 13 features.

Great, I'll have a look after xmas and see about courses with the council. I have client record cards that ask for email addresses so when I have a few regulars I'll be looking to email offers, maybe do a newsletter as such once a month with monthly offers instead of weekly.

I've limited my FB posts today and think I'll have another go with twitter... I couldn't get the hang of it when I tried a personal page before ha.

Where would I get a salon management system from? Is it an app or something to go on the laptop? X

On the e-newsletter side, Mailchimp is free up to 2,000 subscribers so I imagine will be enough for you. It's really easy to use with templates ready to use as well with tons of tutorials, but if you do decide to use it and get stuck feel free to ask me questions.

Latest posts

Back