Help with colour-please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blondie82

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
This is my first post so bear with me!!:) Im a mobile hairdresser so I really miss having other people to discuss things with, I would really love some advice on a very regular client I have. She has hair with a base of a level 7-8, I have just done a full head of 20vol highlights with half 7.0 & half 9.0 igora royal in between her foils as sallys didnt have any 8.0 at all when i went to stock up last nite. Her colour before that was quite bright highlighted ends with about an inch re-growth with some faded low-lights. well the colour has turned out darker than she wanted & I know she wasnt very happy even though I though it was lovely & natural. Her hair is very dry & thin & just below her shoulder. She is only in her early 20's & is on very high medication for a medical condition that she has & works in a premises that has air-con on all day so I think all of these factors are not helping when coming to colouring her hair. I also gave her a Dumb Blonde conditioner to start using on her hair. Im thinking about offering to try to brighten it for her so im really looking of your opinions if i should maybe put more highlights in again, maybe skatter a few thick highlights through-out her hair now to try to bring it up lighter or is there soething else I can do?:confused:

Half 7 and half 9 will come out pretty much a 7 as the darker colour dominates. The correct mix to make 8 would be half a tube of 9 and a quarter tube of 7.
A few highlights would probably do the trick.

Thanks alot for your reply persianista, its good to know that mixing ratio now as I was told to always mix half & half but what your saying makes total sense! Thanks again:hug:

Another trick to popping out the highlights, is to take a med blonde close to her natural or base level, and put a thin weave behind the lightest bleached strands for a contrasting effect. If you need to put a few more chunky highlights, this trick works great and minimalizes the need for too much lightener when the hair is already drier than you'd like.

Thanks for the reply Hairsquared, thats another good tip to get! I phoned my client today to offer to brighten it for her but she said she likes it the way it is so I'll try to brighten it more for her the next time!! Thanks again:)

Latest posts

Back