Help with Koleston Vibrant Reds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kate

Reaction score
Hi,
just got a general question about Wella Vibrant Reds. I have hardly ever used them on anybody partly because I am unsure about how to get the right result. 55/65 and also 3/66 always seem to come out a lot lighter than their base so I know I need to mix them with a base but do I mix them half and half? Also, are all the Vibrant Reds like that?
Doing a colouring course next month but would still appreciate any info!
Thank you guys!

Hi,
just got a general question about Wella Vibrant Reds. I have hardly ever used them on anybody partly because I am unsure about how to get the right result. 55/65 and also 3/66 always seem to come out a lot lighter than their base so I know I need to mix them with a base but do I mix them half and half? Also, are all the Vibrant Reds like that?
Doing a colouring course next month but would still appreciate any info!
Thank you guys!
anybody? Please?

Hi i use them quite alot,I have found them to be quite true tone & depth wise so far.I haven't used them with base mixed in but i have used the CT 55/54 with base and it didnt make much difference.
I know the double digits denote intense depth if in front and intense tone (if its the latter) which is probably why adding more base didnt make much difference,If you're finding them slightly lighter can you not go down a shade ? that might work.
I have one client who is a base 7 has 66/46 on half head she has at least 50% white hair no base is used and it comes out exactly as in the shade chart full coverage on her white hair and doesnt fade whatsoever by the time her regrowth is due,
They last extrememly well i find with no fade. I also have another client a base 5 has 5/75 full head with 55/46 random pieces through with foils and that comes out true to the shade chart also. What strength peroxide are you using ? maybe its that ? I used them with 6%.
Here is a link to the wella professionals site,might be some help to you
www.wellaprofessionals.co.uk/hairdresser/

Thanks for that! I don't use any more than 6% with them but am using a cheap developer. Maybe its a bit harsher than the Wella one. Will invest in Welloxon and do some test pieces at home. Will also have a look at the website in a bit. Thanks again! :lol:

Latest posts

Back