Her data or mine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobile-hands

Reaction score
Need some advice!
I currently rent a room in a salon but the salon owners allows me to use her booking system so her staff know when I'm busy or not to book in clients for me.

I am due to leave the salon to open my own shop mid August.

Today I noticed that all the clients telephone numbers have been blocked out do I can't see them.

I understand that she wants to protect her business and not have me contacting her clients when I've gone (she does hair, I do beauty!) but does she have a right to my client info as it's on her system?
I'm worried she'll use my client data for the next person she has in renting the room, but the clients have given the numbers to me for me to contact them.

I can't see it to retrieve it for myself and I'm stupid as I don't have a complete back up of all the client data myself! (Things you learn by your mistakes!)

Your thoughts please?
Thanks x

If your clients want to follow you they will find you so don't worry. You should have taken a note off all details before you said to hairdresser if you were needing to contact your clients. It's an aromatic reaction, I do the same, if someone tells me they are leaving I want them out the door as quick as possible! But don't let it dampen your excitements, hopefully your clients will book in advance and you can tell them where you will be. Good luck :-D x

They are your clients and they gave you the information so it's yours BUT I'd say you have broken data protection laws by allowing your landlord access to that information by putting it on their system.

Tell her you need to ensure your client data is protected and that it needs to be removed from her system & given to you to keep safe as stated by law.

She may or may not take their details off the system, but asking for the information and stating that your following data protection laws may scare her into giving you the information.

In future your client data is yours and you need to keep it safe and where only you can get at it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies x

Ok for this i must admitt i would be a bit sneaky and openly ask yo unblock the numbers as you need to call a certain client. She cant say no and cant ask you why. Just state that they need to be left unblocked in case you need to contact anyone else. Then as your leaving say they need to be removed from the system and make sure its done.

If needs be for the time being ask all clients for their details again on paper and say there are issues with the system ie its playing up that way you still have the info. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back