Highlighting Hair extensions?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamer_1

Reaction score
Hey all quick question for ya? I wear clip in hair extensions most days as i made the bad mistake of being a follower of the 'pob' loved it at the time but hate the in between stage of growing it long again, anyway was feeling like changing colour and gettin some highlights put in and was wondering if it'd be safe to get the hairdresser to colour the extensions also?? would this work?
I really hope so as I rely on my extensions but so bored of the colour!

x

personally i would choose to buy extension hair in the chosen highlighted colour and bond to ur clip in weft.

ur hair extensions have already been through alot before you have brought them, then your own styling on top, it is not being nurished like our natural hair so doesnt take to kindly to extra processes hth's

yeah i see what u mean, its just il never be able to match the colours exact if i buy them highlighted, :irked:
was just wondering if any one knew what would actually happen to them if i got the hairdresser to put highlights on them as scared in case maybe the colour wont hold but il still have to pay full anyway so dont want to waste money if no point?

dont quite think u understood what i meant, if you were to buy an ordinary unclipped weft of blonde hair u could cut the hair off and bond individual pieces to ur existing clip in weft under the stitching, the only colour match u need to do is choose the right shade of blonde just like u did when u brought ur clip ins. this is by fair the best method for what u want.

when u colour or bleach extensions. u cant predict anything, it all depends on what its already been through and nobody can tell u that. i definately wouldnt suggest bleaching which is what u would have to do as they are already coloured and tint doesnt lift tint. bleaching is a harsh method at the best of times let alone on something which has already gone through the mill

hth's

Latest posts

Back