HNC make up graded unit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RosyK30

Reaction score
Looking for some advice. I'm currently at college doing my HNC in fashion make up and I have to pick a make up subject to do three make up looks on for my graded unit. To give you an idea the other girls in my class are doing illamasqua , agent provocateur, Andy Warhol, theses girls though love doing dramatic make up and want to work in theatre but I want to go Down the line of bridal and evening make up so of I choose something more mainstream like bobbi brown or is this too boring and unoriginal? It will be added to my portfolio so I want to be good but also represent what I'm about but at the same time I don't want to play it too safe!!!! Any thoughts or advice? X

This sounds like it might really be a question for your tutor.

But no way is bridal makeup boring (I might be a bit biased!) there's loads of things you could do within bridal makeup. From natural and ethereal, to smoky & sultry, glittery evening makeup or even bright, colourful Asian wedding makeup.

Go with whatever you feel inspires you! :)

This sounds like it might really be a question for your tutor.

But no way is bridal makeup boring (I might be a bit biased!) there's loads of things you could do within bridal makeup. From natural and ethereal, to smoky & sultry, glittery evening makeup or even bright, colourful Asian wedding makeup.

Go with whatever you feel inspires you! :)

Thanks but that's what I mean I can't just do bridal have to pick a fashion house/designer/make up brand then do 3 looks to reflect that :/ x

Hmm then bobbi brown is probably not a great one.

So do you have to pick a makeup brand's style to base it on?? Or a fashion house. I guess Im unsure from your description what the actual assignment is!?

I think you're right to stick with what will represent you well and you can definitely be as exciting!
What about Chanel? classic looks adaptable to bridal but still with an edge.
Or if one girl is doing Andy Warhol I presume the subject matter isn't just limited to fashion houses etc so how about something like Femme fatales?

What about picking Coco Chanel then creating soft wedding looks with a 1930's feel (think Great Gatsby).

It's all brides have asked me for for the last three years!

I know this is a slightly belated reply and you may have it all finished by now, but have you considered something like "Vera Wang - inspired make-up" and using her bridal fashion as a starting point for designing a "perfect day" distilled into the medium of make up? I would totally do something creative like that if I had an assignment that exciting.
Torrie xx

I done Vera Wang for mines. Wasnt for graded unit though but was for portfolio and mood board.

What did u go with in the end?

Latest posts

Back