Hollywood? Flirties? Nouveau? Lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily Case

Reaction score
Hi, all.

I've got my Eyelash Extension training booked for Feb 2013 (very excited) but I'm just doing some research before deciding on a brand to go with.

I've been searching for the last few weeks and have decided to go for C curl lashes (0.15 and 0.20) in 9, 11 and 13mm just to start off. Does that sound about right?

Reading the reviews on here, it seems that Hollywood, Flirties and Nouveau lashes are nice quality, but I can't seem to find anyone that can compare them ALL. I've read through the threads I can find which just seem to compare 2 brands but has anyone tried all 3?

Which brand do you prefer and why? What are the pros and cons of each? I would like to stick with one brand throughout rather than mix and matching bits from each brand.

Thanks, everyone :)

Personally I think that if you are looking at using a certain brand after training, then you should do your training with that same brand.

Good luck with whatever you decide :hug:

Thank you for replying :)

The school I'm training with uses a kit... I don't know what it is but I want to go with a well known brand.

The course is already booked and the deposit paid. I did my nail training with them so I'm happy they will deliver decent education, I just don't want to purchase their kit - I'd rather use something my clients will have heard of.

I was going to do Nouveau training but it is very pricey (probably for a good reason, but when I'm also adding makeup, hopi ear candles, threading, lash/brow tinting and lash perming, it all adds up). Like I said, happy with the training but just wanting to use a well known, respected brand when I start offering the treatment.

xx

Last edited:
The training school I'm using trains the students with Lashbase - I definitely want something of a higher quality though.

xxx

Emporium lashes are my fave I have tried Hollywood and the glue was to strong for my eye. I also trained with emporium lashes and they don't just let you leave after the one day training you need to do 5 treatments and send them off to obtain your certificate. Hope it's a good course because there is a lot to know about the application it's not just the case of sticking them on, good luck x

Thank you, I am friends with a lady who recently completed the course with the same training school and she said it was good, hence my decision to train with them. She is now using Flirties and recommends the brand.

There is theory and you have to pass an exam to complete the course... if you don't feel confident, you do get to join more classes free of charge until you're happy you understand the treatment fully. I'm confident that the training is up to scratch - like I said, I did my nail training with this school in September 2011 and have built up a good reputation in my area with some ladies travelling 20 miles for my services... I'm happy to use the school for training. :)

I'm just looking for your opinions on a good quality brand to use on clients. If I struggle with the treatment at all, there's always one to one training with a specific brand! ;)

xxx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back