Home salon people, do you include your address on your business card?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicole333

Reaction score
Do you save that for when you book people in?

The reason I ask is that I really want to get a nice card designed by Carl and I really like the folded ones that include everything like prices inside and appointments/loyalty on the back.

However, I have been holding back because we want to move house and I feel it's wasted to have an out of date address on the cards and have to have more printed. If I had the opportunity to have limited printed and the cost reflected in this it may change my mind, but it seems I have to order too many to be printed than I would like.

The obvious reason for having your address on the card is that the client has it to hand on them so it is convenient for them and the obvious reason for not having it is the reason I have given above. Also, I am by appointment only and if anyone knocked randomly on my door and made a PITA of themselves doing so, waking my husband up when he's been on nights, he's likely to get very annoyed and arrest them. :wink2:

I would be interested to hear your reasons for why you did or did not include your home salon address on your business card. :)

I don't and wouldn't. As I'm a home salon by appointment only I don't want people just turning up and I like the privacy. I do state the area I live in. Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I personally wouldn't
a) from the annoying side of things, you don't want randoms knocking at your door
b) from the safety side of things, you don't need to be advertising to possible thieves and burglars the location of your expensive equipment or the fact there could be cash on the premises.
I would just put based in "town, county" so your clients know what area you're in and give them the full address when they book hth

I put the road on mine, but not the number.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I like the idea of the area on the card as it is useful for client, but I really don't know if we are going to stay in the same town even though I want to.

I put every detail on mine. Telephone, full address, full name .... Never had a problem with people just turning up.. I am a business regardless if I'm working from home or not. I can understand why those with small children may not. . But just because you speak to them on the phone first doesn't minimise the risk of attack whatsoever.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I wouldn't because there are things in a home salon that thieves wouldn't find in a regular salon that COULD make it more appealing to them. Since its a HOME thieves can consider things like big screen tvs, sound systems, JEWELRY, crystal, etc etc. Not just a cash box.
Especially if your salon is IN your home not a stand alone building beside it or something.

I wouldn't because there are things in a home salon that thieves wouldn't find in a regular salon that COULD make it more appealing to them. Since its a HOME thieves can consider things like big screen tvs, sound systems, JEWELRY, crystal, etc etc. Not just a cash box.
Especially if your salon is IN your home not a stand alone building beside it or something.

The chances of people being at home day and night are great and less appealing to burglars than an empty salon which probably would hold greater stock value than a residential. .. plus wouldn't you install an alarm system if you worked alone from home with a panic button? (Or at least have one for deterent value). They are not that expensive. If someone wants your things they will get them regardless. ..commercial or residential.

I don't. I have "the inch area of Edinburgh" and don't give out my address until i confirm with them the day before especially if I don't know them. I have a map on my website that has the street but not number. Hth xx

I give out my full address and haven't had any problems!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also just put road name and town x

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

I have a spa outside the home and don't have my address on my card. They can visit my website if needed. I've had this for 4years and never had an issue with the address not being on the card. So it works for both home and salon based

Thank you everyone, I wasn't expecting so many of you to not have your full address on the card so this has been useful to me to read.

Many mortgage companies stipulate that you cannot advertise your address in any way if they agree to your working for home so you should check that it is ok with them first. x

The chances of people being at home day and night are great and less appealing to burglars than an empty salon which probably would hold greater stock value than a residential. .. plus wouldn't you install an alarm system if you worked alone from home with a panic button? (Or at least have one for deterent value). They are not that expensive. If someone wants your things they will get them regardless. ..commercial or residential.

A panic button? Noooo if I were home alone and an intruder came in a panic button is not the first thing I would instinctually reach for.
I also live in a buzz in condo so I'm not overly worried just giving examples against it.
Also stock value in a salon? Most thieves aren't going to break into a salon for your beauty stock, they are going in for cash and easy fenceable electronics. Which is what makes homes so appealing. Especially if you also have your business hours available online.
But yes I agree, if they want it they will find a way to take it.
But my home is where I live and in a comforting sense of privacy and separation I wouldn't want my home address floating around all over the place. *shrug*. For a client to know where I live and be welcomed into my home is a privilege, not a right. One that can be revoked at any time.

A panic button? Noooo if I were home alone and an intruder came in a panic button is not the first thing I would instinctually reach for.
I also live in a buzz in condo so I'm not overly worried just giving examples against it.
Also stock value in a salon? Most thieves aren't going to break into a salon for your beauty stock, they are going in for cash and easy fenceable electronics. Which is what makes homes so appealing. Especially if you also have your business hours available online.
But yes I agree, if they want it they will find a way to take it.
But my home is where I live and in a comforting sense of privacy and separation I wouldn't want my home address floating around all over the place. *shrug*. For a client to know where I live and be welcomed into my home is a privilege, not a right. One that can be revoked at any time.

Ha ha... Yes I see your point. .. clearly not a lot worries me. I'm probably more frightening than most when I'm upset. I do have intruder alarms though... and my salon had been broken into but never my house so maybe I see things from a slightly different perspective. I suppose it boils down to what people are comfortable with I don't think there is a right or wrong here. As far as I'm concerned you only have to put my name in the Internet and my address immediately comes up for everyone to see as this is what happens when you register as a Director in business.

Ha ha... Yes I see your point. .. clearly not a lot worries me. I'm probably more frightening than most when I'm upset. I do have intruder alarms though... and my salon had been broken into but never my house so maybe I see things from a slightly different perspective. I suppose it boils down to what people are comfortable with I don't think there is a right or wrong here. As far as I'm concerned you only have to put my name in the Internet and my address immediately comes up for everyone to see as this is what happens when you register as a Director in business.

Ooooooh totally understandable! I live in one of those super friendly Canadian cities where you can leave your house front door unlocked and will probably be fine. So my door is unlocked most of the time.
I don't want to give out my addy mostly due to a sense of privacy, not so much a fear of theft.
As for self defense, Im all about weapon first, scream later.

Latest posts

Back