Hot stone heater help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachelizabeth

Reaction score
I trained in hot stones as part of my level 3 with the VTCT, however we used a digital heater to select the temperature and the one I have is operated by a dial. The dial just says min-max and I'm really struggling with how to use it as the instructions aren't much help! It's a massage master 6.5 quart heater...does any one else have the same? If so how do you operate it? I have a thermometer to check temp but if I put it on a setting (I tried just under medium) it seems to carry on getting higher and higher and doesn't stay constant.

If anyone else uses a stone heater with a min-max dial I'd really appreciate your help on how you heat to the right temperature, thanks :)

I have a similar heater - it can be very frustrating and the only way I really figured it out was through trial and error! ...And with a bowl of cold water on stand by.
It took me quite a few massages in order to figure it out.
I now heat the stones up on a low setting and NOT on the pre-heat setting as they go far too hot too quickly (and I don't often have time to keep checking on them). I then keep it on the lowest setting throughout the massage (god knows why the dial goes up so high!!???). If I pick up a stone and I feel that it's not as hot as it was then I turn the heat up a tiny fraction :)

I have a similar heater - it can be very frustrating and the only way I really figured it out was through trial and error! ...And with a bowl of cold water on stand by.
It took me quite a few massages in order to figure it out.
I now heat the stones up on a low setting and NOT on the pre-heat setting as they go far too hot too quickly (and I don't often have time to keep checking on them). I then keep it on the lowest setting throughout the massage (god knows why the dial goes up so high!!???). If I pick up a stone and I feel that it's not as hot as it was then I turn the heat up a tiny fraction :)

Thank you for responding :) I've been having a play around with it and I too found that the pre-heat setting (even on lowest) shoots right up over 60 degrees when it's only been on for 10 minutes, and the instructions say to leave it on pre-heat for 30 :eek:
I'll test it out today and keep it on the lowest operating setting! I'm sure it's an adequate heater but I feel like what should be fairly simple (a dial that turns from low to high) is actually really complicated!

Latest posts

Back