Hot stone heater

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Divaa

Reaction score
I am doing a hot stone course with carlton institute and I had purchased a heater with stones. Which I have got on well in carrying out the treatments.
When it came to my assessment I did not pass as I was so lost with what stone to pick and use as they were so different to the ones I was using in the salon. It was not covered how to handle or which side of stone to use. I failed one of the anatomy and physiology paper which I have payed again to go and sit. Also I have payed to go on the course again. Also I purchased a heater directly from carlton and was so disappointed with what I had got. I did a full body massage with these miniature stones and just did not get on with them. They were too small in my hand and client dissatisfied. Client Preferred other stones.
The stones at the carlton institute were totally different and much bigger. I have felt that this heater with stones has been a waste and I'm lumbered with it.
Just fed up now. Shall I just jack the course

I'm confused! Ive not trained with carlton institute, but i have trained with a lot of different bodies and have never come across anyone failing and having to pay again to redo the course?

Is the salon you work in already trained with a different company hence having different stones?

Ive never used a stone which has a specific side to use? You can use either? It doesn't sound like you have learnt very much from this course at all. I would definitely consider finding some one else to train with. I also don't understand why they have sent you a completely different kit to what you used when training.

As I did the course I went and purchased a hot stone heater which I did ask at the time if ok to purchase. As long it is a professional heater. As I have got use to these stones and clients happy. The stones purchased from carlton institute are so miniature and client was not satisfied with treatment.
I don't know what to do now.

Latest posts

Back