Hot stones kit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quiet Therapist

Reaction score
Hi just looking to buy some kit and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for the best heater?

Also has anyone got a Vulsini hot stones bag? Wondered if it was worth the price and whether it was as good as a water heater?

I work for myself and wont be doing back to back hot stones.

Thanks!

Hi, I purchased a digital heater from Massage Warehouse. I find it easy to clean and use as you can set the temperature and the heater regulates the temp for you. I wasn't keen on the manual heaters which come with a thermometer as you have to keep checking the temp manually. Used this style of heater when I was training and found I had to dip the stones in cool water a lot as I kept setting the heater too hot. Hope this helps.

Hiya, I changed to the vulsini heater a few years ago and much prefer it. There's no faffing around drying stones and I find the temperature easier to control.

The added benefit is, in warm weather it doesn't make the room humid which I found was happening with the water heaters.

I used water heaters for about 8 years before i changed to the dry kit. I started off with a small one and got a larger one when I was doing more treatments. Both were from Ellison's and I had no problems with them.

Hiya, I changed to the vulsini heater a few years ago and much prefer it. There's no faffing around drying stones and I find the temperature easier to control.

The added benefit is, in warm weather it doesn't make the room humid which I found was happening with the water heaters.

I used water heaters for about 8 years before i changed to the dry kit. I started off with a small one and got a larger one when I was doing more treatments. Both were from Ellison's and I had no problems with them.

Thanks for the reply. The heating bags do look good though are quite pricey. Do you know approx how many stones you could get in a small bag? Would it be enough for a back massage?

I've only seen the smaller heater once when I was on a course. I think it's about half the size of the large so you could probably get 8 large stones or between 14 and 18 of various sizes.

They do come with a plastic insert so you can put the stones back in the heater without the oil messing up the bag itself. The stones can then reheat for re-use (on the same client).

I'm not sure of the price difference but I would personally get the larger bag as you may increase the number of treatments you do.

Hope that helps.

I've only seen the smaller heater once when I was on a course. I think it's about half the size of the large so you could probably get 8 large stones or between 14 and 18 of various sizes.

They do come with a plastic insert so you can put the stones back in the heater without the oil messing up the bag itself. The stones can then reheat for re-use (on the same client).

I'm not sure of the price difference but I would personally get the larger bag as you may increase the number of treatments you do.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply! Ive ordered a large bag, looking forward to it arriving and seeing how it compares to a heater.

Last edited:
Hope you love it as much as I love mine. Experiment with the temperature a bit so you're happy with the heat of the stones.

Latest posts

Back