Hot stones training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AVW

Reaction score
Hi, I have trained in hot Lava Shell massage, and enjoy this treatment but have recently be given a hot stone heater and full set of stones. I have not done any training in hot stone massage and was thinking about doing a 1 day course. Is it worth training and offering hot stones if I already do hot Lava Shell massage?

Hi, I have trained in hot Lava Shell massage, and enjoy this treatment but have recently be given a hot stone heater and full set of stones. I have not done any training in hot stone massage and was thinking about doing a 1 day course. Is it worth training and offering hot stones if I already do hot Lava Shell massage?

It is absolutely worth it. Some clients are better suited to hot stones because you can vary the temperature more (lava shells are very hot in comparison). Also hot stones csn be more commercially viable because you don't have to buy product to be able to heat them each time unlike lava shells.

I would recommend looking for a vtct course in hot stones. Someone should be able to fast track you if you're already qualified in massage and lava shells.

Thanks laurakate, I agree that there is a cost to doing lava shell, but you can control the temperature, with practice, and it is a consistent heated massage for the client, which I like. As I have said, I have not done any hot stones so not sure how the temperature works, but as I have the kit I would like to try it out, I may prefer it. I will take a look at vtct courses, thank you.

Latest posts

Back