Hot towels for mani/pedi

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OMG!

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I Just got my new Lomasi mani/pedi kit and on reading instructions it says to use hot towels rather than a foot spa which is great and will save all the faffing about involved with a foot spa. The only problem is I dont have a towel heater and have very limited space.

So I have been having a look online, and they are a little pricey. I have come across one by Beauty Pro which is reasonably priced and small. It is a steamer rather than heater which might be even better for getting product off during a mani/pedi but it is really for facials by the sound of it.

My question is does anyone have a beauty pro hot towel steamer for mani/pedi or something similar and how do you find it? How long does it take to heat up the towels? Or do you have any suggestions, what do you use to heat towels when you are mobile?

Sorry for the essay!! xxx

I would always use a foot spa for pedicures even if the brand didn't state to use one, it might be my personal preference but I know clients love them too. It's nice to give feet a soak, especially clients who have tired feet etc and need a bit of softening and pampering.

I've recently bought a towel steamer from capital hair and beauty it is small, perfect for mobile and didn't cost the earth. When steamed the towels are still on the dry side, so when I use them to remove product, I wet them before steaming. They then come out lovely and hot and wet (but not too wet)
I take them to the location all ready wet and in the steamer and then on arrival I add the water and plug in to start the steam.

E x

Thanks for your reply and advice.

Yes I see what you mean, i may still use the foot spa too then I just get fed up of changing the water and faffing about with feet in feet out feet in etc. I could use towels to wipe off product rather than washing feet in the spa and then just do one nice relaxing soak in the spa then its win win for the client and for me!

I have a Capital near me so will probably take a trip there tomorrow.

Thanks again :hug: xxx

Here's a little tip to easily produce a hot towel.

run the tap as hot as possible, wet towel thoroughly, turn the water off, wrap towel around faucet and use this to 'wring' the towel dry by twising it round and round.

Using this technique you can get it virutally dry and very hot without having to use any extra equipment at all ;) Plus you don't have to burn your hands as you only have to handle the very end of the towel ...

hth's

Thanks for the great tip Envy :) xxx

I have got the beauty pro hot towel steamer and love it! I use it for facials and for mani/pedi's although i still use a foot spa i just use it to remove scrub etc, i put the towels in damp but not too wet (i wet mine then spin them in the washing machine to get rid of excess water) i wouldn't want to wring my towels out on a tap in case the tap was not properly clean. It takes about 10/15 minutes before the towels are ready to use.
Hth x

I have got the beauty pro hot towel steamer and love it! I use it for facials and for mani/pedi's although i still use a foot spa i just use it to remove scrub etc, i put the towels in damp but not too wet (i wet mine then spin them in the washing machine to get rid of excess water) i wouldn't want to wring my towels out on a tap in case the tap was not properly clean. It takes about 10/15 minutes before the towels are ready to use.
Hth x

This is the steamer I have! I bought the kit version as it came with 20 small towels and large tweezers/tongs for removal. I love it.

E x

Thanks so much everyone I have just got back form Capital with my new Beauty pro hot towel starter kit! very pleased with it and its smaller than i thought it would be so perfect for my tiny spare room and for going out mobile. Thanks for helping me make my mind up :hug: xxx

Latest posts

Back