How did this happen and how to prevent?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Molly B

Reaction score
Hi all

Just looking for some advice. I haven't spray tanned in quiet a while and am spraying a few friends over the Christmas.

When I started off something similar to the following pics happened to my cousin. All other tans seemed to be okay. Just wondering what the cause was and how I can prevent it. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416940537.349366.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416940552.574939.jpg

I hope you can see. It's like tan staining in between fingers and wrist. I always get person to hold hands in a claw and spray upwards when spraying hands xxx

Hi do you apply barrier cream to the palms of hands and in between the fingers?

Hi Deb

Thanks for your reply. No I don't. Do you recommend?xxx

A few options off the top of my head

1. Too much tan applied on hands
(Try barrier cream on hands or other dry skin areas such as knees, elbows, feet ) or spray the hands a little less Try moving the gun away slightly when spraying hands and just a very light spray.

2. Customer already had something present on the skin, on the hands creating an oil retaining later therefore the tan has just washed off as the oil won't let the tan soak in

3, customer washed hands to soon after tan

:) :) hope this helps a little

Thank you BrownBitz appreciate it I will try holding the gun away a little xxx Would you put the barrier cream all over the hand or just on the palms?xxx

Unfortunately can't answer this straight up more of a trial and error for a couple of tans until you are happy as there are other factors such as how you tan, and how thick the barrier is being used, etc.. however from our use with our barrier cream we generally apply a fine layer to the rear of the hands knuckles fingers and top wrist in between fingers then a slightly heavier application for the palms, this generally gives a nice blending of the tan,
Don't forget other areas to such as feet, knees, elbows joints, again we just apply a fine coat on these areas
:)

If you didn't use a barrier cream this could be why. Fake Bake do a fantastic barrier spray that I use on the hands, elbows, knees, feet, face & any other dry areas prior to tanning. Also you could possibly have applied too much tan to the hands; I usually go over the hands & feet very quickly and quite lightly to prevent this.
Clients need to be made aware that they should not be washing their hands or coming into skin contact with any liquids for eight hours following a spray tan treatment
I hope this helps! xo

Thank you so much for the help xxx

Barrier cream ~ a fine layer esp in the fleshy part of the palm of the hand .. and a fine spray on the hands in a circular motion coming away from the hands .... Another point i've seen is the ankles in the picture they look a bit stripey .. Might be the pic and angle but if you again go careful on how much you spray and how close to the client you go you shouldn't go far wrong :) hth xx

Latest posts

Back