How do you pronounce Redken?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathair

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to pronounce this please, thanks.

Red ken ???? Is tha a joke?

Ill tell you why I ask in a minute.

So you say it is RED as in the colour and KEN as in Ken and Barbie?

xx

Erm yes I think this is how everyone says it as that's the way it's spelt lol x

Honestly, I need to know how to pronounce it.

Its not a joke I promise xx

Well at College they pronounce it RED KIN.

It's a combination of the founders surnames, Redding & Kent.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I couldnt see how it was called RED KIN, but thats what all the Tutors call it, they correct me everytime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe their trying to annunciate 😂

Reading & Kent, that makes sense, thanks for the info xx

Just looked on the website, the history is there.

It says Redding & Kent, well Kent shortened to Ken isnt pronounced Kin, surely.

Why dont they even know how to pronounce something where I go to learn and Ive paid £1750.00!!!!!!

Shocking!

That's like with loreal dialight, I hear loads calling it dye-a-light when it's actually dee-a-light lol

I've heard redkin redkon, redken. It's very hard to type how to pronounce something lol.

The way I hear it most often is like the word broken, you wouldn't say the "ken" part like the Barbie doll, but it's not really kin either lol, hope this helps x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

I was born and raised in Texas. I bet y'all'd love to hear me pronounce "Redken."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was born and raised in Texas. I bet y'all'd love to hear me pronounce "Redken."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes!! Get a SoundCloud account and we can make you say diffent things every week! :D

Yes!! Get a SoundCloud account and we can make you say diffent things every week! :D

Mouthful of coffee 1 - phone screen 0

I've always said Red-ken.. And.so does my rep. I'm sure the tutors have better things to teach you, rather than generating petty arguments for the sake of it.. every county says thing differently,

Like Grass, I say gr-arse , where say someone from Liverpool would drop the "arr" and say Gr-ass

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Dye a light is a diarrhoea tablet or something which is why they are so hung up on it being dee a light -

Also it's IN O A not IN NO A

Yes, I would of thought they would have better things to teach than generating petty arguments, too true.

But I just want to say thanks for the info, at least I'm not the only one saying REDKEN! Know when they say Im wrong as Im the only one saying REDKEN, Ill just titter to myself and think, no Im not!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So, is it Aveyda or Aveeda. :)

Dont worry about it AcidPerm, Im not!

Latest posts

Back