How long should gel extensions take to do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RitzyLox

Reaction score
Hi there

just a quick one, when training I was told as you get more practice you will get quicker, however I do not do many sets of gels. So take 1.5 - 2 hours to do a full set. (depending on the state of the natural nail and what the client wants design wise).

My friend had hers done for her sisters wedding up country the other day and said they literally took the woman about 30-45 mins! how is it possible to be this quick, or am I just stupidly slow?

help... :sad:

Hi :) I was thinking as well that I was slow by doing full set in 2 hours, but then I asked more experienced girls ,they doing nails for 8 years now and it's still takes them about 1.5-2 hours . I believe it depends as well if you gonna use e-file , or just regular file. I think some people very fast, but they don't pay attention to a quality job, but just a quantity.

I'm training but can take up to nearly 3 hours doing a acrylic I don't think my gel application will be much quicker either. Yet to do a full set of gel though. I've been told once it becomes second nature I'll speed up, sometime this year I hope lol x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

They say a salon time should be 1hr 30 mins and that's nvq assesement speed for l&p and hard gel clear extensions with tips

Latest posts

Back