How much to rent a chair/room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chloe Bryan

Belle
Reaction score
Hello. What would you say was the going rate for renting a desk/room in a salon? I'm in warrington. Also do you have to be really experienced before you rent a space?
Thanks.

Hi
I rented a room on a % rate once. I gave the owner 30% if my income. This helped when I started out as if I didn’t have a client I didn’t have to pay.
Renting a room means you’ll be self employed so just make sure you and the owner agree to terms and create a contract!
As self employed it’s your choice to take the room and hopefully get clients so I wouldn’t say you need to be “really experienced” an owner renting you a space would hope they can get an income from you and maybe not be so concerned about your experience.

I'm comparing the pros and cons of renting a space or working from home or mobile at the moment. I've looked at one room in a high-end salon which would be great if I had a big client base. They would also be willing to promote my business to their existing clients. The room is nice and quite near the city centre but the cost of £500 a month has put me off. My ideal would be to share a room with another therapist for two or three days a week so I could carry on doing my 'proper' job for a while whilst I build up my client base.
I keep checking Gumtree and the commercial property websites but haven't found anything yet. There are several complete salons or other suitable shops available but they're all too expensive. I keep thinking there must be some sort of underground bush telegraph where these things get advertised!

Latest posts

Back