How to charge for a beauty room?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoardingBetty

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with this? I have a beauty room which I work from 4 days a week. I have someone interested in working in the room on the days I'm not there. Any ideas how I charge them for the room as they'll be using all my products as well as using the room? I was thinking a 50/50 split of her takings but she feels this is too much?

That is quite a lot. Usually you would receive 30-40% of her earnings if you go with percentage. I rent my space out when I'm not there and i just did a flat daily rate. I find it easier then percentage split. I tallied the running cost per day and added a bit more to come up with my daily amount.

That is quite a lot. Usually you would receive 30-40% of her earnings if you go with percentage. I rent my space out when I'm not there and i just did a flat daily rate. I find it easier then percentage split. I tallied the running cost per day and added a bit more to come up with my daily amount.
When you rent out your room does the person using the room also use all your products eg wax, tint, gel polish etc?

50/50 sounds right if you are supplying products, unless you charge exceptionally high/low prices then it may need a slight tweak

When you rent out your room does the person using the room also use all your products eg wax, tint, gel polish etc?
No, they supply everything. I think I skipped over the part that they would be using all your products :/ I have someone come in to help me on Fridays for a 4hour shift. They use all my products and I do a percentage split of 60/40. 60 to me and 40 to her.

I've rented from quite a few different salons

Percentage split can range from 60/40 - 30/70 depending on who is supplying products. So your percentage can range from 30-60%.

If you're doing a room rental the daily rate could be £20-50 per day. Sometimes there's a discount for renting more days which is why it might go down to £20.

The most important thing is to reach an agreement where you both feel it's fair, and you're both happy with it.

You should say as you're new to the renting, you will review it after 3 months. Good luck xx

I've rented from quite a few different salons

Percentage split can range from 60/40 - 30/70 depending on who is supplying products. So your percentage can range from 30-60%.

If you're doing a room rental the daily rate could be £20-50 per day. Sometimes there's a discount for renting more days which is why it might go down to £20.

The most important thing is to reach an agreement where you both feel it's fair, and you're both happy with it.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back