How would I go about starting up mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa82

Reaction score
Hey guys, as you might remember I was talking last week that I hate my job and am thinking of going mobile, so I am trying to gather as much info on how to start up. To join the freelance hair federation you need to have insurance, but don't want to go ahead and buy it incase I don't do it, and also because it says to input business name so it goes on certificate, but as I have nothing set in stone I'm not sure about a name?
Do I have to go somewhere and register a new business, and how do I go about tax and N.I etc?
Sorry if I'm acting dumb, I just am lost as to where I would start!
Please can some geek help me!
Am off on hols next week so was thinking after I might print up some flyers and post them out, does anyone have any knowledge on this and if it works any good? Or any other advertising advice would be great, as I say, I'm completly lost and in need of alot of help

Thanks for reading xx

Hey Lisa,

Sounds like when I first went mobile with nails (years ago).

I started with friends and family then gave them some free and discount vouchers to give to their friends. That got me started nicely.

I also latched onto my sister in laws friend who did pampered chef parties and virgin vie partied. I did nails at the parties for her for free and then loads of the guests wanted them done again.

I found the easiest way was always to give something for free or really cheap so they'd try me - that way I wasn't selling - which I hate!

Good luck!

Brend x

hi i think you get 3 months to tell national ins that you are self emloyed, and tax, and then you could go to the free business class your local chamber of commerse have to shpw you what you need to do. in fact i'd go to them anyway as they are a great help and you could well get funding. :)

i advertise loads, in the local paper, leaflet drop, facebook, myspace,i also have them magnetic stickers for the side of my car like taxi drivers have, and good old word of mouth. i offer a discount to any customer that recommends me.

hope this helps x

Latest posts

Back