Hypocrites betting on the Grand National

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've eaten a zebra, and have a zebra skinned handbag... Just saying...

posts like this? what is the point other than to get a reaction. There is a name for folk who do that on the Internet :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ha ha. I have tears.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

are you chuckling because I call 1970s vintage?

So far the arguments for horse racing are:-

We all ate horse in the horse meat scandal?
The whip doesn't hurt?
And
If the horse doesn't want to run it won't and race horses live in the absolute lap of luxury!?

I can't see how any of this makes the grand national ok? Sounds like excuses....They still don't account for the high jumps, injuries and deaths these animals sustain?

Still eager to hear more on these points from those who support it.....

are you chuckling because I call 1970s vintage?

Well thinking about it I was born in 73 so I am now vintage! Doh!

It was just the pay per view to crush animals................I'm still laughing....I wonder if there is a pay per view to crush kids....I'd be interested - I may even pay!

It was just the pay per view to crush animals................I'm still laughing....I wonder if there is a pay per view to crush kids....I'd be interested - I may even pay!

It is actually a real thing. Woman in Japan or China step or sit on baby animals until they die. Google it

Obviously, because I eat meat I support this.

Oh thank you! I've been wondering what to do with the kids during the school holidays. And I'll be quids in! Win. Win.

So far the arguments for horse racing are:-

We all ate horse in the horse meat scandal?
The whip doesn't hurt?
And
If the horse doesn't want to run it won't and race horses live in the absolute lap of luxury!?

I can't see how any of this makes the grand national ok? Sounds like excuses....They still don't account for the high jumps, injuries and deaths these animals sustain?

Still eager to hear more on these points from those who support it.....

..but no one has even mentioned the circus!! THE CIRCUS. I liked watching the lion tamer, he always had a few fingers missing you know! I saw it with my own eyes.......

Ok before I get back to the topic.... Dog racing? why has no one mentioned dog racing...they are just left at the side of the road when they're finished with....I wonder if you could make a skirt out of them...?

So horses...............hmmm..

It is actually a real thing. Woman in Japan or China step or sit on baby animals until they die. Google it

Of course you do. Maybe we can place bets to see how long it takes foe the animal to die. Then I will have my drink money for the weekend if I win.

It's just my imagination Nearlyme...I just assumed it was animated...clearly not. Japanese and Chinese are the oddest people going...apart from a few on here.

Of course you do. Maybe we can place bets to see how long it takes foe the animal to die. Then I will have my drink money for the weekend if I win.

**link removed**

if you want to sleep tonight then don't google images...

Last edited by a moderator:
**link removed**

I will not be googling or clicking on that link. No sire, not me.

You haven't explained to me why "a horse runs faster when it sees a whip". (Your words, not mine). Please enlighten me as you seem to be so experienced in this field.

Has this been answered? If not i read somewhere that the whip is flicked in the horses eye sight and they believe another horse is gaining on them so they run faster. I could be totally wrong and this may have been answered differently but thats what i read.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

Has this been answered? If not i read somewhere that the whip is flicked in the hordes eye sight and they believe another horse is gaining on them so they run faster. I could be totally wrong and this may have been answered differently but thats what i read.

Yeah I read that somewhere too! But then someone posted a very clear pic of a whip hitting into the flesh of a horse? So I guess that begs to differ?!

Well as the a manager of a bookies I have to say I love to Watch horse racing but I do not agree with the national.

It's far too large a field on too narrow a course. There are bound to be injuries and fatalities. It would be similar to a human hurdles race where there are far too many people to find a Lane each. But at least there the human has a choice the horses do not.
As far as I am aware the whip does not hurt the horses the way we would imagine... But for me that does not make it right.

Has this been answered? If not i read somewhere that the whip is flicked in the hordes eye sight and they believe another horse is gaining on them so they run faster. I could be totally wrong and this may have been answered differently but thats what i read.

Thanks for your response. I haven't had one yet. I'm dubious about that though. Seems a bit convenient.

I will not be googling or clicking on that link. No sire, not me.

it is just explaining what it is. No images or nastys x

**link removed**

Bloo*y Hell they are all American!

Oh thank you! I've been wondering what to do with the kids during the school holidays. And I'll be quids in! Win. Win.

I dont know y but this made me chuckle like a fool! Lol

It's just my imagination Nearlyme...I just assumed it was animated...clearly not. Japanese and Chinese are the oddest people going...apart from a few on here.

nope it is very much real and up untill 2008 it was seen as a violation of an Americans freedoms to ban the use of animals in this way.

Thanks for your response. I haven't had one yet. I'm dubious about that though. Seems a bit convenient.

I read it on a post on facebook by someone who supported the grand national so it could be convenient. They were defending the race quite fervently.

Latest posts

Back