IBD help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura may

Reaction score
Hey guys I need help!

I have not long done my course and passed in UV gel polish so I went with IBD was this a good choice?

I seem to be struggling as in I seem to have to use at least 3 coats plus to get a decent colour out of it - Curious colour for instance

It has been suggest for me to shake the bottles well before using which I made a point of doing yesterday but my friend still need a fourth coat! Would it be her nails that could possible be the issue? as her nails are quite thick (older persons nails if you no what I mean) or is it something im doing?

I am really new to this and this is really starting to knock my confidence on this as I really do not no what else to do! Do I need to change the product? if so what can other people suggest is good?

What is ASP like?

I no its a lot of questions but I really do need help :(

Im pressuming its ibd just gel?
If so, i use it and love it! :-D
Remember thin to win on your coats, if there too think they could ripple during curing and you would need to redo them. :-D we have a few colours in the salon that need 3-4 coats, dont be disheartned by it, if you need 3 coats then do the 3 coats :) aslong as you keep them thin coats they shouldnt got bulky/thick

Hth xxx

ok great thanks for your help but to be honest I am getting a bit disheartened as I do think that I am doing something wrong.

Could it also depend on the persons nails?

I work at Sally Beauty Supply and have gotten great feed back on the ASP polish brand.... I've also used the acrylics and they work fantastic!

ok great thanks for your help but to be honest I am getting a bit disheartened as I do think that I am doing something wrong.

Could it also depend on the persons nails?

Coverage wouldnt b affected i wouldnt have thought. Depending on the person ive come across people that cant get on with shellac but are fine with gel polish, but also people that cant get on with gel polish but get on better with shellac :) it also depends on the aftercare the client does, if they dont take your aftercare advise they wont last, so its upto the client once they walk out that door to look after there nails.

Try not to let it knock you, we all come across little problems at some point in our career wether it be the 1st month or 10years later. Thats why we have all our wonderful geeks to help each other out along the way :) xx

Forgot to add, aslong as your prep is the same everytime and you make sure you seal everything in at the end you should be fine xx

Latest posts

Back