IBD Just Gel Polish help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolishedRaych

Reaction score
I recently had some IBD Just Gel Polishes sent over to me from the US (a tech friend of mine recently moved over there and informed me they're much cheaper than the UK) but a couple of them have a chunkier cap and have 'IBD' on the slanted top, where as others I have are slimmer and without the lettering on the cap. Are there two versions of the lids (older/newer) or are these select few fakes?
Also, Molly (which is supposed to be a neon creme finish as I've seen in photos) has fine glitters inside it. This can't be right? I asked my friend where she bought them from and I was told she bought them at a legitimate IBD stockist, so I just don't know what's going on :!:

The fatter lids & print in capitals is their new packaging - don't worry :)

From chitter chatter with my IBD pal I remember that a couple of molly batches last year were filled with trugel "aristobrat" accidentally in production - they both buy in from the same gel provider.

Molly & aristobrat have the same base colour but aristobrat has added turquoise glitter hence the error. Most of the batch was recalled - clearly not all - it's perfectly fine to use but obviously isn't molly in essence.

Oh phew! I was in a little bit of a panic mode thinking I had some knock off ones that weren't the actual brand!
As for Molly, thanks for informing me! It's a gorgeous colour but I wasn't sure if it had been tampered with in some way and I was also a little miffed that it wasn't the colour I actually wanted!

You've been a great help!

I would be interested to hear what other techs think of the new brushes in the fatter (new style) lids.

I have found that they aren't as good for application as the old ones.

And I did hear the same about Molly. From my understanding Molly has no glitter in it.

I have a few polishes now with the new lids/brushes. I'm not impressed. I find it can leave my polish streaky as the bristles are stiffer compared to the older brushes. Great to get a neat line around the cuticle but other than that, I'm not fussed on them. Maybe I just need to get used to them :(

I also don't like the fatter lid, I suppose I'm used to holding the smaller one now, but I actually think appearance wise, they don't look very nice either. The lid is too big for the bottle & is out of proportion. Petty I know, but, I was hoping to display my polishes but don't think I will now as i think they look funny not being all the same.

Latest posts

Back