Ideas/advice please fellow geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carebears86

Reaction score
Hi all... I've been for a meeting today to talk about renting a nail desk within a small local hair salon... I got on really well with the owner, she's saying £10 a day for rent (which I think is very reasonable). However the salon is not really... How do I put it? Erm... welcoming in terms of decor.

So my question is how do I create a welcoming experience for clients? As I don't want them to be put off from coming back again. I'm limited to a small area to work in, so I'm not sure what to do?

You geeks are great with advice so naturally my first thought was to turn to you lovely people 😁

Hope you all got the gist of this. Thanks xx

well done and sounds a great price!! make sure you get it in writing how long you wil have rent at that price for etc as when you get busy the owner could put the price up!!

as to appearance make sure the nail desk is bright clean and welcoming. use towels/cushions etc...what about having a banner like they have in vistaprint that opens up and stands on its own (the sort of thing you might see at trade fairs etc, it could stand behind your desk and promote your business.

hth

That's a great idea, thanks so much :hugs: I definitely think that's a good idea to put a contract in place (now)!

I'll also have a look on vista print too, ooh I'm really excited now lol. 😬

I knew a wise geek would be able to help xx

no probs and good luck....once you get sorted and start make sure that everything is kept super clean,

maybe do the hairdressers nails to start with to help promote....also what about 20% off or something for first month to all existing hair clients to get them in !!

Thank you hun, I'm a bit ocd with cleaning lol,so I'm deffo going to be keeping a clean + tidy work space and taking your advice. 😀

I'm hoping business will be busy with the run up till christmas🎄
xx

What about put up posters of the brands (cnd, opi, orly etc) that you'll be using? X

Yeah that's a good idea too, thank you :hug: xx

Staples do the stand up banners too if you have one near by. Make your area bright, clean and welcoming. Are you easily seen by passing trade?

Thank you, I will do that. I'm thinking to go to Ikea and find something in there to decorate my work area?.

Yes there's quite a lot of foot traffic so a banner would deffo be a good idea. 😀

Once again thanks a lot xx

Latest posts

Back