Igora help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lissmorleyx

Reaction score
Ive always used wella and I am now confused as the tones on the igora are different. Can anyone help me out?
(E.g /1 is ash in wella)

In sure all the numbers are supposed to mean the same across all colours ie 1 ash 3 gold 4 red 5 mahogany 6 violet 7 brunette 8 blue 9 cendre there all the same colour as far as am aware just the tones they put together are different sorry if I've confuse u more lol xx

In sure all the numbers are supposed to mean the same across all colours ie 1 ash 3 gold 4 red 5 mahogany 6 violet 7 brunette 8 blue 9 cendre there all the same colour as far as am aware just the tones they put together are different sorry if I've confuse u more lol xx

Haha its ok hun, thanks for reply.
Its just my friend used to have 7-65 igora which is a caramel apparently but to me that would be violet/mahogany!
So confusing lol xx

No no no, this is wrong, you have never worked with schwarzkopf have you sorry I just seen an absolute disaster happeing lol, there is actual a thread about this, but igora is as follows
.1 cendre (pearl)
.2 ash (blue)
.3 matt (green)
.4 beige (warm)
.5 gold
.6 auburn (chocolate)
.7 copper
.8 red
.9 violet

7.65 is a lovely colour :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:

Unfortunately not! Depths tend to be names the same although visual may differ ( ie a 8 in wella may look like a 9 in swarkopft)

Tones vary too ( 4 in Clynol is auburn and 4 in wella is red!)

If that are the same tone they still might be visual different (a gold in goldwell sits closer to copper, therefore gold in wella looks more on the green side)

I think someone posted a igora conversion chart not that long ago but it has basic igora knowledge in it.
(I don't like the conversion charts as much because of the differences above)

Oops ha my bad I work with wella and have used loreal but that's about it :/ I think u was always told the numbers were to represent a universal colour chart clearly ill fed info :) xx

Oops ha my bad I work with wella and have used loreal but that's about it :/ I think u was always told the numbers were to represent a universal colour chart clearly ill fed info :) xx

Nope lol I just seen someone coming out red when they wanted gold haha :)

I'm glad I joined this convo as I'm sure I would have had a future disaster if not lol xx

No no no, this is wrong, you have never worked with schwarzkopf have you sorry I just seen an absolute disaster happeing lol, there is actual a thread about this, but igora is as follows
.1 cendre (pearl)
.2 ash (blue)
.3 matt (green)
.4 beige (warm)
.5 gold
.6 auburn (chocolate)
.7 copper
.8 red
.9 violet

7.65 is a lovely colour :)

-6 is now chocolate since the relaunch rather than auburn, and is slightly cooler than it was :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

The

Last edited:
-6 is now chocolate since the relaunch rather than auburn, and is slightly cooler than it was :)

Yes hence why I have chocolate in brackets

Love igora love love love
What you see is what you get x

Love igora love love love
What you see is what you get x

And much more I love it too been using it exclusively for 10 years :)

Yes hence why I have chocolate in brackets

Sorry, didn't mean to tread on your toes!

Sorry, didn't mean to tread on your toes!

That's ok :)

Latest posts

Back