I'm looking for words of wisdom??!!??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny-Nails

Reaction score
Can any of you out there offer me some words of wisdom please??!!?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm in the pipeline of opening my own salon (thanks to my parents owning a commercial property...retiring ...and letting me take over :) )

Hoping to open May/June 2004. I've been a nail tech for 10 years, using CND, started off working from home and for the past 7 months been renting space in a hairdressing & beauty salon...everything is going REALLY well and my customer numbers are growing by the minute.

My main question I wanted to ask here was....I am not afraid of hard work and long hours...but in the same breath I am struggling to keep up with the demand...not enough hours in the day and all that...but.....I am considering finding help for when I open my salon.

I don't know if I want to go into the realms of 'employing' someone wondering if that might be too much for me at first...any advice there would be appreciated!!

But what I was wondering was, if you rent space in your salon to another nail tech...how do you sort out who does who's clients?? Do they bring their own??? How do you 'protect' your assessts (so to speak) e.g. make sure they don't do the dirty on you!

I know half of the problem is me...'cos I've been a '1-man-band' all this time, I'm really apprehensive about trusting someone A) with my clients...incase they don't do the kind of nails they expect....and B) Sharing my 'little tips n techniques' with someone if the are a 'newbie' with potential!!

Questions...questions... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ANY advice will be GREATLY appreciated as I'd rather take words of experience than make mistakes that I'll regret later.

p.s. The salon will also do basic beauty treatments e.g. waxing, tinting, manicures, pedicures as I have my City and Guilds in Beauty Therapy.....would a 50/50 person be more beneficial??? Doing nails some of the time to help me out...and doing beauty treaments the other half???

Thanks in advance oh wise ones!!

Jenny - Nails :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back