Importance of aftercare advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HanVC

Reaction score
Hi guys!

i'm doing a bit of research for a course i':Love:m on and would love any of your views on the importance of aftercare advice and your experience with it.

Do you think its necessary? are clients bothered?

and also what you think of professional image with regard to uniform or normal clothes.

i'd welcome any comments here and also have created a survey so i can analyse all of the responses.

please click on this link https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9GLG3LM

Much love to you all

I'm a hairdresser and I just took your survey.
My reason for giving after care advice is so that my clients look after their hair colour investment, and to help them get the best out of their hair. I usually always ask what shampoo they are using, if they say something like Pantene or Head and Shoulders, I will tell them why that could be detrimental to the $150-$200 they are spending on their colour, and what would be better for them.
I also recommend products for styling, and usually give a short lesson while styling their hair, as clients don't usually just come for basic hair cuts any more, they want a hair style, so I find educating them on how to achieve the style at home, with the products I use, helps me sell products.

I like to sell products because it ups my profit :)

Hope that helps.

Hi Han,
I also took your survey. I'm a hairdresser too, aftercare advice is a vital part if the service to help your client maintain the "just left the salon" look.
(Nothing worse than not being able to create the style at home)
On new restyles I ALWAYS talk through what I'm doing as I'm doing it, and for clients who stress they are not good at styling their hair, I suggest an easy to manage look that will still flatter their face shape.
Many times new clients have said that is the reason they have come to me from word of mouth on aftercare or keep returning to me

:D thanks ladies!i agree that aftercare and upselling are so important, but it's amazing how many people don't.

I've had such a great response from loads of geeks so thank you to everyone and if you can get anyone you know as pros to do the survey too I'd appreciate it sooooo much!

Latest posts

Back