Inappropriate messages

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuZz'<3

Reaction score
Good morning geeks!

So I did some flyers yesterday, I recently expanded business and got new flyers and business cards out in a few surrounding areas. Had 4 phone calls yesterday evening from the areas so I got a better response than I expected...

Till this morning. Turned on my business phone to find two messages
'Hello Justine, so what do you look like ;)'

'Do your services come with extras'

I've saved both numbers so that I can avoid answering calls etc from them... Just wondering if anyone else gets this? How do you handle it?
I haven't even replied but I was considering saying

'Hello, I find your message really inappropriate. If you would like information on my services, quotes or advice I am more than happy to assist. However personal questions will not be answered.
Thank you'

I would just ignore them, they have only messaged you for a reaction, don't give them one and they'll give up xx

Don't answer as this only fuels it. Definitely keep the numbers and the messages if you can. Look at the flyers you have delivered. Is there anything in them that can be misconstrued? I can honestly say in all the years I have been doing it I have had 2 bad experiences. One was a bloke for intimate waxing which I don't do. I emailed him back and told him but he got really angry in his emails. With hindsight I should have done him and showed him what damage can be done without sufficient training lol x

Ignore it completely, replying will only make the person reply back and therefore starting a conversation you do not want!
There really are some stupid people about, since when has hairdressing and beauty therapy involved extras! Idiot :rolleyes:

Ignore, ignore, ignore. People are sick in the head and bored. Don't fuel the fire.

Hi, I have had some very obscene texts from my Gumtree ad and when I asked the same question on here that you are asking a Therapist got in touch and turned out she had the exact same message from the same number even though we live miles and miles away from each other so just some weirdo out for a reaction so as others have said don't respond, it is what they want.
I have Strictly Females only on my ad as I am Mobile yet I still get stupid messages, one was booking in under a Female name and then after a few texts when back and forth regarding the Tan and so on they said "I am a Transvestite is that ok?" it clearly was not genuine so I just replied that as stated in my ad I do not do males, I have the ability to block any numbers on my phone which is great, you could Google to see if your does too ? x

Last edited:
Ignore, you'll not exactly book them in now would you!?

I'm mobile and its very rare but the most recent was on boxing day when I was just sitting down to a lovely family meal (kids, mum and dad etc. The phone rang and I answered without checking the number, it was a call was from a guy asking if I supplied girls for massage?

When I told him my business was for ladies only, he said yes how many ladies can you supply?

I ended up in fits of laughter, so did the rest of the family and it proved great entertainment for everyone.

I used to get lots of 'weirdo' calls when I worked in a salon and found its just best to ignore, don't take it personally, there are just some very bored people around.

yeah i wouldnt even give them the time of day by replying. Even if they did come back to you, you dont want someone like that on your beauty bed!

I once put an advert on a few websites (Gumtree, Friday ad etc) and put my number on, big mistake! Had one man ring me and said he wanted to book a manicure for his gf as a birthday present (fair enough) I confirmed appointment details and then he said "is the sex included?" I haven't got a clue why he thought that was included with a manicure??!! Needless to say I put the phone down on him! Xx

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

This has happened to me in the past. I've just ignored it or hung up the phone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't waste a text or a call. Put it down to an idiot with nothing better to do.

it's tickled me reading people's experiences haha we used to get it allllll the time at the salon I used to work at to the point where we passed the numbers on to the police cus people were coming in.. that's the danger of having a mobile number and advertising massage which is such a shame!! xx

Just to add, the female transvestite client was probably genuine. If you are not comfortable with having trans clients research a LGBT friendly salon near to you and refer the client on to them :) x

No it wasn't genuine, all week I had been getting emails for Tans in different names but all for the same street in the LiverpoolTown centre where there are only shops and I had asked whereabouts it was and when he replied to tell me he was a Transvestite he gave me the name of that same Street so it didn't take a genius to work out that they had all been from the same Person. As I said I do not treat Males under any circumstances it has nothing to do with the fact he was Transvestite. It was not a Female either ? It was a Man.

Last edited:
Someone took my number off my face book and text me saying what kind of treatments do you offer. And what do you look like. I replied kindly saying it wad irrelevant what I looked like and then he went on to tell me he was asian and very friendly and would really like to know what I look like and if I do male massage. I blocked the number.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back