Increase your Facebook likes and encourage interaction.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StudioTracker

Reaction score
Facebook is a fantastic social media tool and the best thing about it is that it allows you to market your business for free!

The important thing is to encourage visitors to your Facebook page and to increase your ‘likes’. A salon with a high number of ‘likes’ (which can be seen as recommendations) will be more appealing to potential clients and will encourage new bookings. Once a client has liked your salon page this will appear on their personal profile making your page visible to many more prospective customers.

A quick way to encourage activity on your Facebook page and to gain more likes is to run a competition. These can be held monthly or at a few times throughout the year, you could promote that everyone who has liked the page or liked or shared a picture/status/comment that month will be automatically entered in prize draw to win a free treatment for example spray tan or express manicure, everybody loves a freebie and to like or make a comment will only take them a few seconds and will ensure they interact with your page rather than just view it. Every action they make will appear on their personal profiles and on their friend’s newsfeed which will encourage visits from new customers.

Offering Facebook exclusive offers to clients who like your page will not only encourage more likes but it will also provide you with a place to promote last minute empty appointment slots by offering discounted rates to your Facebook followers.

You need to ensure you keep your Facebook page active and up-to-date with new products and services, exclusive offers, new pictures and daily tips in order to interest and engage your potential clients and encourage likes and activity to your salon page.

You do need to make sure that any "Competitions" are within Facebook guidelines.

Also IMO the Talking about number is more important than the number of Likes - there are many people who will go around with the attitude, you like mine and I will like yours, or the Hike your Likes type of pages, but if it is not something they are really interested in then they will hide your posts from their feeds.

Again IMO, Facebook is a social media and it is not good for people to think they are constantly being "sold to". Talk to people about your life as well as your business.

Really enjoyed reading this article, thank you.

I agree, the more fans you have, the more appealing you seem to potential customers and your profile photo (logo) and cover photo will get around too encouraging more people who are interested in beauty to 'like' your page.

Something I learned from scanning a few web articles is how effective a cover photo displaying your latest discount is. (New cover photo rules allow this as long as the text is under 20%). I tried this for my salon and directed users towards a custom tab I had installed that will give them the salon coupon if they clicked 'like'. Worked a treat! People didn't seem to mind the wait (it was busy because of the discount) as they got money off! way! This is the article I found 'salon socialmedia'. Got a lot of really good tips from it.

Oh! and I also noticed something really great over time! I used to post individual pictures up of the nails, hair etc that we completed, which is great to do throughout the week. Once in a while though I like to post serveral pictures at once as Facebook automatically post the photos in a gallery format. It worked a treat for me and I got almost 3 times the amount of fan reach. If any one tries any of these things, please post it on this forum I would love to hear how it works for your parlour or if you have any other tips I would love to know!

Latest posts

Back