Infills on someone else's L&P work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KirstieLou

Reaction score
I've recently qualified and have been asked to infill someone's nails who I haven't done.
Is this okay? I'm worried about colour difference as it is a set of pink and whites?x

I have done this many times its a great opportunity to get them coming to you if you do a great job I always file there pink and white down very thin then do mine on top so should cover it but always explain there may be a little colour difference
What I don't do is fix a nail of some one else's work I get so many bad looking ones come in and there is no way I could make my repaired one look as bad as the rest

If they have been to an nss you will have to file them right down as much as possible as they are normally thick and rock solid. They don't like to blend the acrylic in at the cuticle which means lifting and loads of prep work! I always ask a new client where they had their nails done if they want an infill, i recommend a soak off and new set with my products and shape etc but if they just want a fill i just buff most of the acrylic off so i have a near blank canvas to work with, if you have told the client about infilling over someone else's work regarding colour and there is a colour difference they cant complain and will probably have a soak off and new set, but at least you have covered yourself!

Since you're newly qualified, it's good extra bit of practice for you. As everyone else has said, just explain there may be a slight color difference as you may not be using the same range of products as their previous tech, and proceed if she's happy with that. In my experience, it's best to just file it down as thin as you can before putting your product over it, especially if they're coming from NSS because the natural nails will most likely be too thin and flimsy to support a new set if you soak the whole thing off. Also, I hope you're charging accordingly because at this point, it's more of a rebalance than an infill.

I will explain then :) She dd go to a NSS which makes me nervous about removing the acrylics she also even having them there for years but now wants to step away from drills etc.
defiantly will do rebalance prices as it seems a lot more work than infill.
Thank you all for your help :) xx

Latest posts

Back