INK London iLac Professional Manicure Diploma course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leighsterrr

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just joined the forum as I am looking for some advice please!

I regularly have my nails done with gel polish and would like to learn the basics myself. I go for INK London gel polish and I love the colours in their range.

I've looked at their website and see that they do the above course which is a 2 day course and then a half day assessment 4 weeks later.

It says its accredited by the Guild which is widely accepted as a qualification and it is for insurance purposes too so I can work on the general public.

I currently work full time in Finance and this is purely a hobby that I would like to look into with maybe the possibility of taking it further later on if I want to.

Can any of those of you with experience advise on whether this course would be a good starting point or if you think I would be better off doing something else.

I'm based on the Isle of Wight so limited to Portsmouth (where I can do the above course) or Southampton until I have done the basics and know it's right for me.

Sorry for the long post but I hope you can give me some advice please ☺ Thank you

I totally applaud you going down the right channels and not just dabbling with all sorts off of eBay like so many!

Ink are relatively new but very well respected and have a strong following.

If you should choose to make a career/lifestyle change in the future I'm sure you won't regret doing the course. Plus, if you can turn a hobby into a money making opportunity, it never feels like you're working! [emoji2]

I live on the mainland opposite the Isle of Wight, give us a wave [emoji5]️

I totally applaud you going down the right channels and not just dabbling with all sorts off of eBay like so many!

Ink are relatively new but very well respected and have a strong following.

If you should choose to make a career/lifestyle change in the future I'm sure you won't regret doing the course. Plus, if you can turn a hobby into a money making opportunity, it never feels like you're working! [emoji2]

I live on the mainland opposite the Isle of Wight, give us a wave [emoji5]️
Thanks blossom

I know their courses are relatively new so that's why I'm a bit uncertain.

I'd never dabble as I know the damage it could do so would certainly want an accreditation rather than diy type nails that go wrong!

My initial reason for doing it is my Mum. She will retire soon and not be able to go to a salon as often as she does now. I thought a nice way to repay her for being such an awesome Mum was to do her nails for her to save her money, whilst maybe doing it for friends to practice!

I'll keep an eye out and hope somebody on here may have done the course and can recommend it

Thanks for your comment and I'm waving at you right now

Hello. I've done a similar course with young nails as I'm in the same situation as you.
It's been a dream of mine to be a nail technician but it's never happened. I currently work part time and plan to do both until I can do nails full time. But I'm planning on buying ink products along side young nails. I have a friend who is a nail technician and she swears by ink. Good luck Hun let me know how you get on... oh and by the way I'm originally from Southampton too xxx

Thanks blossom

I know their courses are relatively new so that's why I'm a bit uncertain.

I'd never dabble as I know the damage it could do so would certainly want an accreditation rather than diy type nails that go wrong!

My initial reason for doing it is my Mum. She will retire soon and not be able to go to a salon as often as she does now. I thought a nice way to repay her for being such an awesome Mum was to do her nails for her to save her money, whilst maybe doing it for friends to practice!

I'll keep an eye out and hope somebody on here may have done the course and can recommend it

Thanks for your comment and I'm waving at you right now
Ink London spent a lot of time putting together the education side of things from their educators to the courses that they are offering. As Blossom mentioned they are fairly new but are definitely well respected, I personally use INK London Products and love them. If I were located in the U.K. I would absolutely be doing a conversion course with them.

I would give them/the educator you would be training with a call to further discuss your options and see if it's the right fit for you, they really are a lovely company and have fantastic customer service and from what I've seen people have been most happy with the education xx

Thanks everyone. I've done a lot of research into it and the girl who does the Portsmouth training has been very helpful. They certainly seem to have good reviews and Ive been reading up on the Guild website...so I think I've made my mind up and I'm going to go for it

Thanks for all the advice so far xx

Thanks everyone. I've done a lot of research into it and the girl who does the Portsmouth training has been very helpful. They certainly seem to have good reviews and Ive been reading up on the Guild website...so I think I've made my mind up and I'm going to go for it

Thanks for all the advice so far xx
Good for you, and good luck with your course xx

Thanks. I've contacted the educator and said I want to do it :)

I'm just waiting to find out dates that fit in with work and I'll be there! I'm quite excited!

Thanks for the advice :cool:

[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

I've just done this course and it was fab! Ink are great in terms of customer service, product choice and also because their products are uk based they are a lot cheaper! The course comes with all the start kit too. Go for it!

Thanks! I know it's a relatively new course so wanted to know if anyone had been on it yet!

I'm quite a nervous person so wanted to make sure it would be small groups and so far everything sounds perfect!

Thanks for posting, it's nice to know that someone has done it and can recommend it :)

Aw I am too, I was bricking doing the course as felt like I wasn't going to be good enough and didn't know anyone but I think you'll really enjoy it. I've become addicted to everything nails ever since. Let us know how you get on if you go ahead! [emoji140]

I've gone back to Tracey (the educator) and said yes, and she's looking in her diary to sort out a date that suits...fingers crossed I won't have to wait too long as I'm excited now!! :D

I'm already looking at what I can do next!!! :cool:

I finished the course a few weeks back and couldn't praise the Ink team enough.

Like you I started doing it as a hobby but now been doing it for 4 years this April.
I use their products and love them. I've not trained with them tho but met the team at Olympia, love them :)

Thanks everybody :)

I have provisional dates for my course now from Tracey and I'm nervous but excited! It's pencilled in for May :)

I will let you know how it goes! I'm looking at it as a hobby to give me an interest at home and for Mum but I'm excited about practicing :cool:

A quick update...for anyone whose interested!!

My course is this Sunday and I'm soooooooooooooooo excited! :D

It's one to one training on day one, then on day two, there's two of us training (one doing the gel polish conversion course who just happens to be a girl I was at college with doing business studies 26 years ago and we've hardly seen each other since!!!! It'll be great to work together again :cool:)

I can't wait for the weekend to get here!

If anybody is interested, I'll report back on what I think of the course and how I get on :)

Might be useful for anyone else who is looking into doing the same!

Exiting! Good luck and let us know how you find it [emoji16]

Aw that's brilliant I hope you enjoy it! I'm going to do a conversion course for iLac and iJel when the educator near me is up and running, I love their products x

Well...I did it...two days, manicure and gel polish application :) Absolutely loved it, and been practicing since!

I struggle with cuticles and straight lines at the sidewalls, but I'm pretty happy with most other things and I'm very happy with my capping :)

I know my assessment is still 3 weeks away and I've not practiced French much yet, but I hope I'm going to be able to master it well enough to get a pass so I can continue to practice on friends and constantly improve.

I'd recommend the INK London course though for definite! Loved everything about it and really enjoyed my training! :cool:

Latest posts

Back