Insurance certificate

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellybun

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm just about to put up all my certificates on the wall of my home salon just wondering if I should have my insurance certificate on display also

I don't, I worry a certificate on the wall saying insured for 2m might make people start putting in false complaints to get money :O lol.

I'd be interested in everyone else's thoughts though?

That's what crossed my mind as I was putting it in a frame lol

I thought you had to have insurance on show ? Maybe I'm wrong .

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I thought you had to have insurance on show ? Maybe I'm wrong .

There are no rules (in the UK - beauty indusrty) to say you have to have insurance let alone one that says you have to have it on show lol.

If you are an employer, by law, you must have your insurance certificate on show.

Because you are insured up to the value of, it doesn't mean people will start making false claims. Bear in mind the justification of the claim, loss adjusters and the like. Many insurance companies do not state the insured 'value of' these days.

Any client can ask to see your insurance certificate if you are self employed and can refuse treatment if you do not produce one. However most clients don't, they take it for granted you are professional.

Any client can ask to see your insurance certificate if you are self employed and can refuse treatment if you do not produce one. However most clients don't, they take it for granted you are professional.

Though any client can ask to see my cat and refuse treatment if I do not produce one ;)

Though any client can ask to see my cat and refuse treatment if I do not produce one ;)

My clients can see my cats anytime they come in but I check if they are allergic first ;)
On a serious note, mine is on the wall but not in a prominent place. For mobile work I have pics of my certs on my phone and there is pics of them on my website x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for all your replies, think I will just keep it in a safe place :)

Mine's on the wall along with my licence for ear piercing and training certificates.

The guidence notes from my insurers say not to have it on display.

I don't display my insurance certificate as a previous trainer said it may encourage people to make complaints.
I do have it easily to hand if I ever had a client ask if I am insured, this though had never happened

Latest posts

Back