Insurance?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Binky

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!

I am quite new to spray tanning and have ordered my kit and requested some samples from suppliers.

I am just a bit confused about the insurance side of things, I currently work in car insurance so have a general understanding of how things work.... I have been on the BABTAC website and filled out the application for insurance but it doesn't explain what is covered etc. I havent yet paid for insurance as I want to get a bit more knowledge about it before paying £90.00.

Could someone advise me about this please? I am aware there are other companies to purchase insurance from as well so was also wondering who is best value?

Also, if I want to put my details on yell.com do i need to have a business set up, and do i need a business to get insurance?

Thank you :)

Last edited:
Hi there

Professional Beauty Direct can cover you for spray tanning under our nails policy at £37.50 for the year. This will cover your Public liability, Products Liability and Treatment liability up to £3,000,000.

You can find more information on this policy via our website (see below), here you can view our terms and conditions along with our policy wording etc. If you have any questions you can call us on 08456 058 670.

Our prices are slightly cheaper than BABTAC because we only cover the insurance, we are not an association. If you were looking to join an association then BABTAC are great for this.

Professional Beauty - Professional Beauty

Ring BABTAC up they are so helpful! Ask them all the questions you have. Make sure any course you add to your treatment list is covered by BABTAC - most of which are. I went with the guild first and they cancelled my insurance as my waxing course was done with Kim Lawless and they don't cover her therapists which is bizarre! Public liability is 6 million. It's £89 for the year and comes with marketing help, a badge, certificate and welcome pack. X

Hi,

Check out ABT Insurance and membership packages.

ABT currently insurer over 12,000 qualified therapists and offer insurance packages through Zurich insurance plc.

Prices start from £49.85 – geeks get a further 10% discount as well.

Basically, you get:

Insurance provided by Zurich Insurance plc includes:
• £6 MILLION Professional Indemnity Insurance.
• £6 MILLION Public Liability Insurance.
• £6 MILLION Product Liability Insurance.
• £6 MILLION Medical Malpractice/Treatment Risk Insurance.
• PLUS All the membership benefits, magazine subscriptions, etc.
For our Nails, Tanning and makeup category, you also receive free annual subscription to Scratch Magazine.

Full details at Associated Beauty Therapists - ABT Beauty Insurance, Nails Insurance, Salon Insurance

Thanks
Dave

Last edited:
I have just had a look at the insurance with ABT it seems more aimed at beauty only but does state that it covers hair services also. I am qualified level 2 hairdressing but also some beauty courses with VTCT and SVQ does anyone know if this insurance is any good for hairdressers?

I have just had a look at the insurance with ABT it seems more aimed at beauty only but does state that it covers hair services also. I am qualified level 2 hairdressing but also some beauty courses with VTCT and SVQ does anyone know if this insurance is any good for hairdressers?

I am trained in hair extensions, level 1 hair dressing. As well as waxing, lashes, brows, tints, facials etc and I'm insured with ABT.
They have always been more then fantastic 😊

How do geeks get a 10% discount?
Anna x

Sent from sugarfarie hq

Latest posts

Back