Interesting facts - did you know

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tonicj

Thought it might be interesting to have a post on interesting facts or General knowledge, anything from film stars to everyday facts. I will start.

Did you know...

The actor Nicholas Cage was born Nicholas Kim Coppola and is the nephew of Francis Ford Coppola, the film director.

Also

Gwenyth Paltrow is the daughter of Blythe Danner (Robert De Niro's wife in Meet the Parents).

Finally, for now

Jon Voight is the father of Angelina Jolie

Im sure you all have loads more. Remember it can be any fact about anything.

Did u know that a giraffe is the only animal that's born with horns?

Ha ha ha!!! I LOVE a useless fact! It came up in a quiz once and I guessed it right, even although every1 laughed at me for saying it!

Katie
Xx

Pancake Tuesday

Did you know...

Pancakes are associated with the day preceding Lent because they were a way to use up rich foodstuffs such as eggs, milk, and sugar, before the fasting season of the 40 days of Lent.

Did u know that a giraffe is the only animal that's born with horns?

Ha ha ha!!! I LOVE a useless fact! It came up in a quiz once and I guessed it right, even although every1 laughed at me for saying it!

Katie
Xx

The females have tufts of hair around their horns, whereas the male's horns are larger and usually bald!

The females have tufts of hair around their horns, whereas the male's horns are larger and usually bald!

I'll need 2remember that incase such a situation should arise that I might need 2kno it! Ha ha ha!

Katie xx

Did you know....

That a polar bear has black skin and it's fur is transparent. It only looks white as it's reflecting the sun and the snow xx

Did you know....

The glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified kosher.

Charles Babbage invented the first mechanical (not electrical) programmable computer called the difference machine in 1822 but only on paper form.

One quarter of the bones in your body are in your feet.

Did you know...

Macadamia nuts are toxic to dogs!!!

I'm sure you've heard that chocolate is bad for dogs, but did you know that macadamia nuts are poisonous to dogs? Now that the holidays are starting we tend to have more nuts around to nibble on. If you have dogs in your house you may want to make sure that they don't help themselves to your prized macadamias. When dogs eat them they can get a toxic reaction called macadamia nut toxicosis. Within twelve hours of eating the nuts they start to develop symptoms such as an inability to stand, ataxia (walking wobbly), depression, vomiting, muscle tremors, hyperthermia (elevated body temperature), weakness, and an elevated heart rate.

Usually the symptoms go away within 48 hours but the weakness, vomiting, and fear can lead to dangerous, and sometimes deadly, shock. These symptoms can be even worse if your dog also eats some chocolate with the nuts. Then the effect of both combined is much worse and kidney failure can set in. So enjoy your nuts, but make sure that Lady and the Tramp get their doggy treats instead. Or a nice big bowl of spaghetti to share.
Source

Read more: Macadamia nuts toxic to dogs - Slashfood:eek:

Did you know....

Mosquitoes have teeth.

Allot of cats are actually lactose intollerant they rarely actually like cream so where that phrase comes from I do not know.

Any kind of nuts can affect dogs really because they hold allot of non saturated fat can actually give them diarrhea at worse vomitting, the reason why is they don't process fat the way we do.

If you get allot of slugs and/or snails around on your soil and their spoiling your plants put a allot of porridge around the base of them, they will eat anything and porridge has a habbit of dehydrating them til they die lol.

Might want to be careful about snails been told some of them are protected but I don't think anyone would notice if it was a secluded area.

Did you know....

At age 47, the Rolling Stones' bassist, Bill Wyman, began a relationship with 13-year old Mandy Smith, with her mother's blessing.
Six years later, they were married, but the marriage only lasted a year.
Not long after, Bill's 30-year-old son Stephen married Mandy's mother, age 46. That made Stephen a stepfather to his former stepmother.
If Bill and Mandy had remained married, Stephen would have been his father's father-in-law and his own grandpa.

Did you know...

Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.

Did you know

The sentence "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter of the English alphabet!

Did you know...

Emus and kangaroos cannot walk backwards.

did you know a black hen can lay a white egg but a white hen cannot lay a black egg

Did you know....

Camel's milk does not curdle

Did you know. . .

That all 7 continents end with the same letter they start with!

(North + South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Antartica, Australia)

These are all so cool!

Did you know...

Armored knights raised their visors to identify themselves when they rode past their king. This custom has become the modern military salute.

Latest posts

Back