Interview preparation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiningfaery

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I have my first hairdressing related interview tomorrow and I have my CV prepared and updated and also put some finishing touches to my portfolio of work.
What sort of questions should I expect and how should I prepare for this.
Really don't know what to expect.

Michaela

The first thing that would come to mind, what are you strengths and weaknesses both in hairdressing and personally.

Can you think of a situation where you have shown a good example of team work/dealing with a difficult situation.

Thanks she didn't ask me any of that tho... Lol
I have been invited back for a trades test and need to do a cut and colour. Generally does the shop charge the model for this?

Thanks tori.
I have only now read reviews on this salon, probably a bit naive on my part, but they don't get the best reviews someone even compared there attitude to vicky pollard. The owner also said through the interview that she relies on Groupon deals to get by. Should this concern me? Or not? What would you do?

If it's your first job, just see how it goes. At least you will be gaining some Salon experience and it's all useful, both the good and the bad.

Also, if the other staff do have a poor attitude, you don't have to follow suit. Just aim to do your best and set yourself high standards. Best of luck with the trades test.

Completely agree with AcidPerm

You never know. You might be the one to turn the salon around.

Thanks. I just received an email from college saying I have been unsuccessful in progressing to level 3 and have been placed on the waiting list. So disappointed. So definitely going to go for the test and try and get the job.

Thanks. I just received an email from college saying I have been unsuccessful in progressing to level 3 and have been placed on the waiting list. So disappointed. So definitely going to go for the test and try and get the job.

Chin up! Listen, everyone who tries experiences set back. The only people who truly fail are the ones who never try. I sincerely believe everything happens for a reason. Maybe that wasn't the path for you at this time.

(corrected typo)

Last edited by a moderator:
I did level 3 straight after level 2 as I didn't have a job. Would have preferred more on the job experience before hand, probably would have passed assessments quicker!

Thank you I will let you know how I get on with the trade test.

Latest posts

Back