Is Archie Lloyds Russian hair Slavic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairArt

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been on the Archie LLoyd website and it gives very little information about the hair they sell. Does anyone know if it's Slavic? 'Russian' hair is such a broad term and really doesn't give me much confidence. Russian hair from South Russia is more like Asian and not at all what I'm looking for. Their hair is so cheap that I can't help thinking that if something is too good to be true, then it probably is!

I also notice they're in breach of the distance selling act i.e. they don't accept returns, there's no contact number, email, etc. Has anyone got any feedback about their customer service?

Any info would be very much appreciated.

Definitely not slavic. They would be out of pocket for slavic at that price.

Just because hair is imported from russia doesn't make it russian.

I haven't ordered from them for the same reason you just stated. On their homepage there always used to be an email address but I could never find a phone number. I also picked up on the no returns... which I think there is a law that they have to accept returns within 7 days as it's distance selling.

Also Russian hair doesn't tend to have a grading system so the '1G AAAAAA RUSSIAN HAIR' also didn't sit right with me. I'd love to know other people's thoughts xx

I haven't ordered from them for the same reason you just stated. On their homepage there always used to be an email address but I could never find a phone number. I also picked up on the no returns... which I think there is a law that they have to accept returns within 7 days as it's distance selling.

Also Russian hair doesn't tend to have a grading system so the '1G AAAAAA RUSSIAN HAIR' also didn't sit right with me. I'd love to know other people's thoughts xx

Completely agree. Its either slavic or it isn't and you'll only know if it is in its virgin state. We can't be sure how slavic it is after it's been coloured!

It may be nice hair but definitely isn't russian.

Thanks for your replies, bit gutted though, was hoping you were going to say it's fabulous! Knew it couldn't be Slavic at that price but hoped I was wrong. Wish trading standards would take fraud in the hair industry more seriously, if an acrylic jumper was being touted as cashmere, they'd be all over it!

Thanks for your replies, bit gutted though, was hoping you were going to say it's fabulous! Knew it couldn't be Slavic at that price but hoped I was wrong. Wish trading standards would take fraud in the hair industry more seriously, if an acrylic jumper was being touted as cashmere, they'd be all over it!

Its such a deceiving industry!

Genuine Russian hair is very expensive, I pay much more and I get it direct from Russia.

Latest posts

Back