Is there a place for teeth whitening?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmiline

Reaction score
I hope this is the right area for the subject?!

Have been contacted by a teeth whitening business, asking whether this is a treatment I would like to offer within my range.

So the question is would this have a place within a beauty salon environment or would it be best suited to a dentists!
Any advice would be welcome.
Thanks.

It's a tricky subject ,but all I can say that I have seen a few job adverts lately where beauty salons required therapists to have a teeth whitening training done.
So there are definately salons that offer this.

Thanks for your reply!
I've never even considered offering this before.
Didn't know whether I was missing a trick or whether it was one of these flash in the pan treatments.
It is obviously in their interests to tell me it's very popular in salons and very profitable!

But is it really! Don't want to commit to a demo and waste my time and theirs!
Confused!

Hi, I asked for some advice on this back in November but didn't get any replys.
I was asked by a couple who had brought a franchise in to a company if I would take on there clients as they didnt want to do the treatments. They offered me free training in london and payed for my travel and one night stay up there. I thought this would be win win for me as I would be trained for free, be payed to do the treatment with no outlay from myself (I'm mobile by the way) and maybe pick up new clients for the trearments I already offer.
But I am wondering now if this is such a good idea and I'm thinking of telling them I dont want to do anymore, these are my problems
*The treatment isn't that good!! they say you can go up 5 to 14 shades lighter. most people go 5-7 shades which is good But everyone wants a brighter look and you can see they are disappointed.
I have now started explaning that this is teeth whitening NOT veneers. Veneers is your Simon Cowell look whitening is a more natural look. But this puts people off which I would rather than the disappointment. This makes me feel like they are disapointed in me and I dont want to be 'that Therapist that is bad at her job' mud sticks after all.
*They told me at first that I would be payed £** for a treatment which takes an hour, I made them pay more as it wouldnt be worth me doing so they agreed to that. The truth of the matter is it takes nearly 2 hours.
By the time I set up, do the Consultation Form, the treatment takes an hour, then do aftercare then pack away.
So I really don't think I'm going to bother anymore the disapointment and the fact I'm working for peanuts really has be a big disapointment.
Hope that helps, this is just what I have found, like I say I didnt have any response so I have nothing to go on about other peoples experience.

I was asked by a couple who had brought a franchise in to a company if I would take on there clients as they didnt want to do the treatments. They offered me free training in london and payed for my travel and one night stay up there. I thought this would be win win for me as I would be trained for free, be payed to do the treatment with no outlay from myself (I'm mobile by the way) and maybe pick up new clients for the trearments I already offer.
But I am wondering now if this is such a good idea and I'm thinking of telling them I dont want to do anymore, these are my problems
*The treatment isn't that good!! they say you can go up 5 to 14 shades lighter. most people go 5-7 shades which is good But everyone wants a brighter look and you can see they are disappointed.
I have now started explaning that this is teeth whitening NOT veneers. Veneers is your Simon Cowell look whitening is a more natural look. But this puts people off which I would rather than the disappointment. This makes me feel like they are disapointed in me and I dont want to be 'that Therapist that is bad at her job' mud sticks after all.
*They told me at first that I would be payed £** for a treatment which takes an hour, I made them pay more as it wouldnt be worth me doing so they agreed to that. The truth of the matter is it takes nearly 2 hours.
By the time I set up, do the Consultation Form, the treatment takes an hour, then do aftercare then pack away.
So I really don't think I'm going to bother anymore the disapointment and the fact I'm working for peanuts really has be a big disapointment.
Hope that helps, this is just what I have found, like I say I didnt have any response so I have nothing to go on about other peoples experience.

Thank you for your honest reply!
Yes it hasn't seemed to be a popular thread so that kind of leads me to believe it wouldn't be a very popular treatment, as I'm sure it would of got more reply's had people of felt strongly it was a good idea.

Glad I asked the question though, the lady is calling back tomorrow to 'book' me in for the demo. I shall politely decline.

I am also mobile currently so would have to take time limits into account. Like yourself I would be disappointed if my clients were disappointed!

I shall let the dentists out there keep this one!
Thanks.

I thought about teeth whitening I rent a room above a hair dressers so packing away and setting up is not that much of an issue! I just don't know if it would be as good a treatment as what the dentists offer! (there is also a dentist opposite me)

I am closed Sundays and Monday's so rent out the salon to a teeth whitening company u get a daily rent plus 10% com for anyone I book in for me it's a win win situation I get rent for when the salon would normally be closed she is always busy as most ppl are free on a Sunday plus nearly everyone that has it done books into the salon soon after I just make sure there are leaflets everywhere salon is immaculate and posters up in treatment area remember the client is sat there for 45 mins can't talk can't move so all there doing is looking around taking in the salon and reading about what we do etc xx

Sounds very similar to the company I work for, same kind of set up. I work for head office so I get a set wage, no matter how many treatments I do, but if I was offered what you was ( a set pay for each treatment I do) I probably wouldnt do it! When I hear what the therapists get that work for our franchisee's its laughable.

Teeth whitening is such a grey area, I would defo suggest to anyone who wants to do it to let an external company come in to your salon rather then offer it yourself. You would then get a percent of each treatment performed in your salon with none of the risk/drama.
You could let them have your room on a day when you would otherwise be quiet.

Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back