iSalon holding onto my data

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emjaygin

Reaction score
Hi
Does anyone know if there is a way of extracting data from the software system iSalon. I have been trying to get away from them now for over 2 years and with them having me sign a 5-year contract it has been very difficult. Their customer service is shocking and they are disorganised and I feel bullied a lot of the time. I am coming to the time when I need to give them 6 months notice so I am preparing to move to another system. They are telling me that if I want to extract my data to a CSV file they want to charge me £999 and I have 2 salon contracts with them. I have asked for a copy of the contract that I signed stating that they can withhold my data in such a way, which I have not received yet. They bully salon owners regularly and they need to be outed. I would never recommend them to anyone.

Can anyone advise me how I can extract this data myself an not pay the bloodsuckers £1998?
Thank you

Unfortunately with closed software systems you don’t have much of a choice if they don’t want to give it to you.

You own the data under GDPR and other stuff (I think) so you could potentially look at a legal route but nothing to say they will back down if their contract is watertight. Also, that may cost you more in the long run.

Unfortunately with closed software systems you don’t have much of a choice if they don’t want to give it to you.

You own the data under GDPR and other stuff (I think) so you could potentially look at a legal route but nothing to say they will back down if their contract is watertight. Also, that may cost you more in the long run.
Ok Thanks

Hi
Does anyone know if there is a way of extracting data from the software system iSalon. I have been trying to get away from them now for over 2 years and with them having me sign a 5-year contract it has been very difficult. Their customer service is shocking and they are disorganised and I feel bullied a lot of the time. I am coming to the time when I need to give them 6 months notice so I am preparing to move to another system. They are telling me that if I want to extract my data to a CSV file they want to charge me £999 and I have 2 salon contracts with them. I have asked for a copy of the contract that I signed stating that they can withhold my data in such a way, which I have not received yet. They bully salon owners regularly and they need to be outed. I would never recommend them to anyone.

Can anyone advise me how I can extract this data myself an not pay the bloodsuckers £1998?
Thank you

Hi.

If you DM me I might be able to help.

(edited by a moderator to point out that this poster is based in Australia and has links with another software company)

Contact the ICO (Information Comissioners Office) and ask their advice. The ICO has statutory powers and can fine the company large sums for breaching their responsibilities under GDPR.

https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
With regards to your contract, if the company are found in breach of GDPR, (not legally allowed to keep the data), then it’s unlikely they can sue you as the contract will be frustrated.

Ugh, how awful! Just goes to show that they're hiding all of the legalities in the fine print that no one has time to read or understand. So sorry this is happening to you. Please update us on whether you're able to get your info.

If all else fails, can you screenshot your data? I'm sure it'll take hours to transfer over, but it's better than losing everything

Latest posts

Back