iZ gel by Calgel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jigily

Reaction score
Have any of my lovely fellow geeks used iZ gel? I was wondering what the differences were with the pot of gel & the bottle apart from the obvious in viscosity. Any pros & cons? I think I read that it's compatible with most other companies colour gels....would love to hear your thoughts & experiences.

It's AMAZING!!!!
It is such a strong gel, I have no problems what so ever with clients having lifting at all since using this. I put a thin layer on before my colour gel and then seal it in with this. It's expensive but it's so so worth it. You can still build and infill with this gel and yes you can use against any system.

When you say the bottle do you mean the iz touch and go bottle? If so that is a also a gel topcoat that sets with no stickyness and clients can put hands in bags and just go, I find this gel is PERFECT for toegel as clients don't have to wear flip flops they can put show straight on, I don't like this on hands though as I find if you have a client who has quite flexible nails the gel cracks and gives a crazy paving effect. A very good idea though. I believe they arnt selling this now though, I rang to order some and had no such luck :(

The IZ gel Is well worth investing in though especially if your looking for a long lasting gel product x

My bad I've just re read your question, there is no difference in the bottle to the gel pot other than you tend to loose a lot with the bottle and you can't build with the brush. I have previously poured the bottle into an empty gel pot so I can use a proper gel brush to apply, I find you waste a lot with the bottle x

Oh that's excellent, thank you so much, it sounds just what I need. I & some of my clients are getting more & more frustrated with lifting bio sculpture just not lasting since they introduced the new pots that cure in the LED lamp and as I have approx 65/70 colours I can't afford to ditch them.

Last edited:
Oh! Can u extend with it to? I'm prob thinking yes as u say u can build with it but just wanted to check.

I use this with my Calgel, it's amazing :)

Sorry me again, does it soak off

Yes.. :)

Oh! Can u extend with it to? I'm prob thinking yes as u say u can build with it but just wanted to check.

Yes you can extend with it hun, and yes it soaks off just like your other gel. It's none yellowing aswell which is PERFECT in the summer when everyone wants french xx

Thanks so much for your help, both of u xx

I contacted Isabelle Hammon and after setting up an account and them verifying my certificates, I asked if they had any trial sizes and I was sent a 5mg bottle to try (which I'm hoping to do later). I was willing to pay but wasn't even asked so was really appreciative of their gesture.

Ah that's good, perfect! I would say that the bottle is a lot harder to use, when I had the bottle I tipped a bit out onto some foil and used my gel brush, it's much easier because of the thick consistency, just a little heads up 😄

Thanks. I kind of thought that too. A gel brush is much more controllable. I know I should be grateful of a freebie but there was a little part of me that was a touch disappointed when I saw it was the bottle. At least I can try it out now though. Is the gel in the pot any thicker?

Yeah I agree, it's the same consistency I think but as u say u have more control with a gel brush.. The brush in the bottle is the same as a varnish brush..

It's the same consistency as the bottle. I think they do the bottle as its a cheaper option, which is great for people who are just starting out and not wanting to spend on the big pot. The big pot is a lot of money but it's more cost effective to buy I find. I tend to buy the IZ gel for nails and the natural clear gel to make my glitters up as to use iz gel is just too expensive x not sure if that makes sense x

So, I've had a little play on a couple of my own nails over the wkend & they're feeling firmer but still a touch flexible, is this how iZ feels?

Plus my first client this morning was more than happy to be my first guinea pig and she will be a good test as is fairly heavy handed I'd say (but in a nice way).

So I've gone:- iZ thin, 2xcolour, iZ thin top/last coat.
Her next appointment is 3wks today. If I wanted to do thicker/build for more support should I do that b4 colour & buff into shape then 2x colour & thin last coat or after colour, so iZ thicker/build buff shape wipe off dust then thin final coat.
I'm thinking b4 colour really but just wanted anyone's thoughts?
Thanks.
Blimey!! U wouldn't think I've been in the industry for almost 14yrs lol! I feel like a newbie again!!

Obviously do you your prep, but I always do iz gel, then colour straight on top don't wipe the excess away (sticky layer) before ya colour just put colour straight on top after it has cured.do 2 coats of colour then build with your iz gel you shouldn't have to buff into shape chick it's doable to build into shape really well. After build remove ya sticky layer and apply ya topcoat x x

I do the exact same as Jodie: Thin iZ on the base, two coats of colour & then build my c curve with the iZ at the end. Remove the sticky residue, apply your topcoat and your done! :)

Cheers girls. xx

I do it the same as Jodie to 😄

Latest posts

Back