iZ gel by Calgel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, I'm new to IZ gel and I've been told I can use it as a base and top coat. I've found that using it as a top coat it is dull. Some say you don't need to wipe afterwards, some say you do. I'm getting a sticky layer so finding that I need to but still not great. Am I doing something wrong? How long should I cure it for under UV? xx

1. Alison_CalgelUK
    Milton Keynes

Mar 9, 2015 #19
    I do the exact same as Jodie: Thin iZ on the base, two coats of colour & then build my c curve with the iZ at the end. Remove the sticky residue, apply your topcoat and your done!

Do as Alison says, I'm using this method now that brisa lite is being discontinued & getting fantastic results

Hi Natalie,

The optimum cure time for Iz Gel is 90 seconds, if you cure for longer it wont discolour but may loose its shine and look dull.
You always need to remove the sticky residue and I would recommend applying a top coat.

Hope that helps!

Alison

Hi Natalie,

The optimum cure time for Iz Gel is 90 seconds, if you cure for longer it wont discolour but may loose its shine and look dull.
You always need to remove the sticky residue and I would recommend applying a top coat.

Hope that helps!

Alison
Thanks very much for your advice Xx

I'm looking for something else aswell to replace Brisa light smoothing gel. So if I were to use this with shellac I wouldn't use the shellac base coat? I would go straight in with this? Has anyone used it with shellac and had good results?

Lolly the IZ gels come in wide range of colours so you don't need to.
However I have done extensive tests in my country with the IZ gel as it was newly launched and discussed this with the distributor and happily it works with just about everything [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16] EVEN over manicure regular polish !!

Lolly the IZ gels come in wide range of colours so you don't need to.
However I have done extensive tests in my country with the IZ gel as it was newly launched and discussed this with the distributor and happily it works with just about everything [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16] EVEN over manicure regular polish !!

Hi,

I don't want to get in another system for colour, I just want something to use underneath or over the top. I actually got sent a sample of it and have been using it with good results. I'm going to try it over the shellac this time instead of under. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back