January deals?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layla90

Reaction score
I'm struggling with ideas on what to do for a January deal? Anyone have any ideas or things you are planning on doing? Thanks

I think I will offer two things:
1. A hot oil manicure with regular polish, including gel removal if needed
£15
( low cost and will ensure the clients who had shellac for Christmas come back and have it taken off properly!)

2. Standard Facial with a hot oil or shellac manicure - 20% off my normal full price, 2 Hour appt.

Free eyebrow wax with every full set of lashes :)

I'm just nails so a bit limited but thinking of offering discounted Shellac toes during Jan to my regular clients so they re-book for Spring and summer.

Yeh I'm thinking a special price on all manicures maybe 20% off its nice to see everyone else's ideas though :)

I gave all my regular clients a voucher for an upgrade to their gel polish manicure for £15 more they can have a CND SpaManicure. I think it's a lovely treatment and I don't like to discount treatments they already have and pay full price for. Helps with up selling and is a fabulous treatment to have. I also gave them a product gift bag as a thank you too.

I have done £5 off all Luxury and deluxe pedis and £5 off all dermalogica microzone treatments (I know this one is a bit generous considering they are only £18 to start with but im hoping they will realise how amazing the stuff is and either book a full facial or purchase some products to use at home ;) )

In doing discount on combined shellac mani/pedis or 10% of any single treatment xx

Just to add - I'm still pretty new and Dec was my first properly busy month :)

I would strongly advise not discounting treatments as you will attract the deal hungry clients which often are not the loyal types who will keep you in business. How about adding in additional services as have already been suggested. We sometimes offer additional hot stone or scalp massage incorporated into a manicure, pedicure....it takes little extra time to do but clients feel they are getting something 'free'! Or if you have mineral make-up you could do a 'free' colour match on either base or eyes following certain treatments. This will take an additional 5-10mins on top of treatment time but could result in a sale of product.

Why would you do any type of deal in January? Maybe tiny little things but nothing drastic. You don't want clients to think that just because the holidays are over you still need some way to make money.. You want clients all year round no money hungry clients during your "January deal" just saying [emoji4]

My deals in January are done as a thank you to my existing client base. They get a voucher for 20% off any treatment of £20 or more taken in Jan, Feb or March. January deals are common for several reasons. Clients are generally skint after Christmas and salons are generally quieter so to lure clients in, do a deal.

They don't have to be stupid. Spend some money and get an add on. Have a discount. Mine aren't available to 'deal hungry' newbies, they are a 'thanks for keeping my business afloat over the past year' to my existing clients - although I don't word it like that x

Why would you do any type of deal in January? Maybe tiny little things but nothing drastic. You don't want clients to think that just because the holidays are over you still need some way to make money.. You want clients all year round no money hungry clients during your "January deal" just saying [emoji4]

So you must have a fully booked diary for the whole of January then :)

My deals in January are done as a thank you to my existing client base. They get a voucher for 20% off any treatment of £20 or more taken in Jan, Feb or March. January deals are common for several reasons. Clients are generally skint after Christmas and salons are generally quieter so to lure clients in, do a deal.

They don't have to be stupid. Spend some money and get an add on. Have a discount. Mine aren't available to 'deal hungry' newbies, they are a 'thanks for keeping my business afloat over the past year' to my existing clients - although I don't word it like that x

Exactly! I'd much rather discount a couple of treatments than nothing at all. from previous experience it entices clients to possibly try a treatment they wouldn't normally have? Then they realise it's lush and book more at the full price after January.

Anyway - isn't everyone happy to receive a bit of a bargain in January? To anyone who is too proud to do any January deal then realise it doesn't reflect on your business not been successful - it simply shows your a business woman/man!

And in January I'd rather have a full diary with a few discounted "thankyous" than an empty one ☺

I really like this idea :)

Latest posts

Back