Jessica Geleration

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manda Panda

Reaction score
Hi geeks. I've been searching the site along with the Internet to try and find reviews on Jessica geleration. There really doesn't seem to be much on the brand at all. Could any Jessica geeks give me their opinions please. I read that they're made by the same company as Gelish and ACG is this correct?

Many thanks x

I used Jessica Geleration for about 2 years, they have a really good range of colours and last fairly well but I personally found it a bit tricky to apply in the sense that it shrinks a fair bit if you don't get it in the lamp quick enough. I now use Gelish and find it easier to apply and longer lasting but the customer care isn't as personal as you get with Jessica. I hadn't heard about them being the same company as Gelish and ACG so I can't help with that, sorry!

A lot of the colours are very highly pigmented you have to be so careful when applying to do it very very thin even then it sometimes wrinkles in the lamp, in a nutshell lovely colours but there are brands that are much easier to apply.

Jessica is an American company and is run by a company called Gerrard International for the UK. I have used other brands and bit found them as good in product or service as Gerrard International.
I have my own salon and I had no question in my head that I would have anything but Jessica in my salon.

The customer service, support and training you get from them really is outstanding.
They will only train you in their Gel if you have their Manicure and Pedicure certificate first and you can only train with that if you have a full beauty qualification.
I haven't had trouble with applying the colours as when they train you they teach you how to apply it so you don't have any problems. The colours range is amazing and they generally last between 2-3 weeks if applied correctly and even longer if the clients look after them. I have had clients who still have no chips after 5-6 weeks on their nails!
Their unique concept is promoting the healthy nail with high shine that I haven't seen with other Gel Brands.
Please feel free to pm me for any more information!

Ruth x

Typo found other company's not as good with customer service and product etc.

I use Jessica Geleration and have found it to be an excellent line, albeit not as well known as some other brands. It is the gel polish developed by the woman who developed the Jessica nail care line - Jessica Vartoughian. It is a professional brand focused on natural nail care. I find Jessica and Essie to be quite similar. While I have been disappointed in the Essie gel line, I have never been disappointed in Jessica Geleration. The colors are fashion forward, the formula seems similar to ACG, but they are not the same company. ACG shares a parent company with Gelish and Red Carpet Manicure. I hear they are made in the same manufacturing facility as Jessica Geleration, but that's just hearsay.

Thank you ladies for your replies. We had Gelish in our salon up until recently, the colours were inconsistent, we had shrinking issues, faders and nearly all colours needed 3 or more coats. We invested at lot of ££ in training and products so now looking for another brand. We are currently trailing IBD, lovely to use great coverage but clients are reporting chipping around 1 week. We've also tried essie gel polish but didn't like that either😱

I agree they are easy to apply if trained but they aren't as easy to learn to do as some other brands that's what I was trying to say I do not have a problem applying them but I cringe if a client picks a jessica geleration colour with my apprentice who is trained just doesn't have much experience she finds them really hard but is absolutely fine with all other brands we have, shellac, gelish and ACG....a jessica rep even admitted to me years ago ( so maybe things have changed now) that some of the colours were posing huge problems and the formula wasn't quite right yet. That said I still use it as I love the colours they do you can't beat some of them they are so nice

Thank you ladies for your replies. We had Gelish in our salon up until recently, the colours were inconsistent, we had shrinking issues, faders and nearly all colours needed 3 or more coats. We invested at lot of ££ in training and products so now looking for another brand. We are currently trailing IBD, lovely to use great coverage but clients are reporting chipping around 1 week. We've also tried essie gel polish but didn't like that either😱

Have you taken a look at OPI GelColors, Artistic Colour Gloss and LeChat? Le Chat is my current fav, but OPU and ACG are great as well.

Hi new at this but I have been doing geleration for almost three years and love it. Once you've mastered the application it's easy gel to work with yes some colour might shrink so you might have to cure two fingers at a time I don't usually get that problem if you paint nails fast enough. Great choice of colours and the big bonus is we get a rep coming in the salon once a month.

I use OPI gel color and I've just got a bunch of the le chat mood gels and i'm so impressed with them! The coverage and colours are beautiful!
Are the regular Perfect Match gel polishes as great? :) x

I have used GELeration since it launched, and absolutely love it. The colour range is extensive and fantastically varied, with an abundance of fashion led colours. I find application, lasting power and ease of removal exemplary, and better still I get regular visits from my rep, who keeps me up-to-date with new products, gives me one-on-one refreshers in those areas I feel I could improve and answers any questions I might have. Can't fault the product or the company - its a real pleasure to deal with them!

Latest posts

Back