Just a quick thankyou

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carend

Reaction score
Just have to thank all u geeks for opening my eyes to how a nail should look-i have truly had an education from u guys!
My friend got married on saturday and i offered to do her nails but one of her other friends was doing them for her-who is a nurse but has done nail training before-not that u would know
But i didn't even notice her nails where it was such a busy day until the bit at thenreception where they greet everyone. When i was about 4 ppl away i saw THEM.
I couldn't take my eyes off them and not for a good reason...her friend had used white tips-but not cut the well down-and my friend has tiny nail beds-so there was at least 2/3rd white and 1/3 nail bed:eek: I was horrified!and they were really really square which doesn't suit her at all!
I just couldn't stop thinkin about them the whole day!!!She thought they looked lovely tho which i spose is good?!
But the other annoying thing was-as she's a contact wearer-the night before when she'd tried to get her lenses out-because she's not used to nails and they were proper square with a sharp corner-she's cut her eye trying to get them out so her eye was all bruised and sore!
Had to take her lenses out for her after the wedding.
And the next morning over breakfast again i couldn't take my eyes off the monstrocities and she was chatting with the girl that did thenm for her so i asked her if they were gel or L+p she said gel and the bride had said "i can't believe they are all still on" and the woman replied "thats because i'm so good" i had to walk away before my tongue slipped!!!!!

So i am ever so grateful to all u geeks who were honest when i put up crap nail pics.Without u i would still b clueless!!!!I no longer need to use white tips and i would only use them on someone with extra long nail beds-or cut them down first.
God i hope my friend never finds this post!Not that she uses the net!

Well all I can say is well done you for taking the criticism on the chin and doing something about it! It's not til you see how a good enhancement should look that you realise how awful a lot of work is. The main objective is that you should not be able to tell if it is real or not, and of course it should enhance what mother nature gave us, and be at a length that we can manage. It's defo not a one size fits all.

To me that is the difference between a good and bad tech....

A bad tech will not take advice and thinks all their work is fabulous.

A good tech, recognises when their work needs improving and does so accordingly.

I've had a look at your gallery and although I can see a few areas which need correction, I think you've done some lovely nails and only started in Oct last year. Personally I think it's a good idea to keep oneself in check with our nail work so that we don't become cocky and think we're hotshots when we're not. Obiously this is the idea your friends friend has and the bride probably did'nt know any better so though a lousy job looked great.

Perhaps you could offer to do your friends nails as a post honeymoon present, only as a one off freebie of course, so that she can see the difference for herself. This way, if she ever want her nails doing again, she'll come to you instead.

Thanks u guys!!!I may offer her that-not a bad idea...and once they grow down a few miles they might look better if she decides to let her other friend keep doing them!!!Its her decision at the end of the day.
Thanks for your sweet comments as usual girlies!:hug:

Latest posts

Back