Kate Middleton hair do

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ataylor0510

Reaction score
Hey geeks! My lady's daughter would like something like this for her leavers ball, any idea what the best and easiest way would be to achieve this? Hair up isn't my strongest point as I don't do it very often. Help!!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399748947.020428.jpg ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399749029.317820.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399748916.657966.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399748916.657966.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 341
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399748933.686746.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399748933.686746.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 304
You could use padding or I can't think of the name the long things give me a sec il try get a pic can't describe it either lol

Difficult to explain in words!

The front section is parted away intially. Crown area has been backcombed (you don't need to buy an accessory if you back comb correctly) Its pinned at the occipital bone, then a horizontol messy roll (or chignon) at the base finishing also at the occipital bone with the side panels curled and loosely pinned in. Then finished with the front section included. I'd definitely suggest curling the hair first and some dry shampoo to work the hair.

You should find a tutorial on You Tube and I suggest practice on a head block first. Good luck!;)

Thank you! Great help! I'm going to practice on my styling head tomorrow, thankfully it isn't until June so I should have enough to master it!x

I done this a few weeks ago & used hair padding for it x

I was wondering if someone had a link to where i could buy padding online?(am in canada) i can never find any!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

You could use a donut a cut it in half?look on Pinterest as step by steps,it's almost like a topsy tail at bottom(pull through pony tail,when you see it broken down its pretty easy updo x

Hey! I had a bride request this, it's called a chignon style.
YouTube a step by step video, have a practice on a friend/family member while the video plays... I agree with everyone else, definitely padding is needed. It's not as complicated as it looks ;) good luck x

Latest posts

Back