L&P or gel first?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
I'm trained in l&p but need a LOT of practice! I've recently bought the CND retention+ kit and brisa lite sculpting gel kit. I'm going to have a lot of practice on myself before doing the CND conversion classes. I'm hoping to do the classes close together so that I can offer both l&p and gel when I start up. I've been practising both but should I master one system before the other? I'm not sure what's most popular in my area as I haven't started yet. Xx

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

you will master as much as you can practice and get to use the product on clients.....

gels are easier to master
but i love L&P(many find ratios hard,picking up the right size bead ,working the product ,dry time etc)
but i also love combining the two for an overall amazing nail/nail art
for now go with the one that you feel most comfortable with and that you are earning money from but overall master all that you can in nails including art..etc you will get there only if you put in the hard graft training and working and learning xxx :biggrin: have fun

Last edited:
I decided to do l&p first. It took a while and a lot of practice but I now feel I am producing good sets. I prefer the application process of l&p to gel but I know I need to do both in order to operate fully as a nail technician.
I have been told that gel is a little easier to get to grips with - don't know if that's true? X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've always been a gel girl and only in the last year started properly with l&p it's more difficult to master initially and I think more so if you are used to working with gel. I wish I'd started out with l&p first

I have found l&p so much easier, but I trained in gel first, I'm still training in l&p and have to turn a lot of clients away because they want that rather than gel, which I would rather if I was qualified!!! that does depend on your area etc though. I really wish id done before read watch locally to find out which one to start with. I think I'm the only person to prefer and find l&p easier, and prefer the process, except the odour!! so probably just me hehe

I too started with L&P and still find it easier tbh although in the first instance I think most people generally find it takes longer to pick up than gel.

One thing I would say though is do your conversion sooner rather than later because at least then you'll be practicing with the correct knowledge, ratio etc rather than struggling alone and you'll find you get there quicker in the end x

I trained in L&P first. And got on with them fine. But once I'd trained in gel something just seemed to click with them both and I got on with L&P better than before.

My advice would be do gel first as it's easier, then move on when you feel confident.

Laura xx

Latest posts

Back