Laser hair removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairstudent

Reaction score
my sister in law has just been over and was saying her and a few friends have started going for laser hair removal, this is what her friends legs looked like after, and apparently as she signed a disclaimer has to live with this awful scaring.,....I don't offer this service so can any of you shed any light on it for me?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362698554.417558.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362698554.417558.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 324
in my experience with lasers & ipl this looks like burn marks from the laser (looks like ipl applicator marks) this can be caused if the skin was too tanned for treatment or the energy of the laser was far to intense or not enough gel was applied to the area i would definatly go back to the clinic as this COULD turn into hypo pigmentation apply cold compresses and Aloe Vera to sooth but go back to the clinic as this is not normal xx

Last edited:
my sister in law has just been over and was saying her and a few friends have started going for laser hair removal, this is what her friends legs looked like after, and apparently as she signed a disclaimer has to live with this awful scaring.,....I don't offer this service so can any of you shed any light on it for me?

Hi these look like block burns to me. Did her friend have a patch test 1st to determine what skin type and energy strength she was ? Also was the area cooled afterwards ? Was it laser or ipl ?

I'm having IPL myself and they do advise that you don't use any tanning products at least 2 weeks before a treatment,and to shave the hair before treatment, was a patch test given? Use a cold compress and any 100% Aloe Vera gel to reduce the redness and soreness. I use Panama Jack personally but there are plenty of Aloe Products available.

Thats terrible!
And even if you did sign a disclaimer it does not give them the right to burn you.
They are definitely burn marks and my guess is that they had the laser turned up to high. The settings have to be set according to skin tone.
As mentioned above if you sunbathed/tanned/fake tanned etc before the treatment this could also burn you. Ive just started getting a full hollywood lasered and ive been told not to apply tan to the area at all for the next 6 months.
I think I applied fake tan too near to my bikini area as after my 2nd laser session I had a red patch which was a bit sore but it wasnt a clear block like this.
Definitely get some aloe vera gel as this will encourage healing and will sooth the area x

Unfortunately since the deregulation of laser by the cqc a large number of sheisters have infiltrated the uk Market with substandard non medical device ipl and laser machines .with poor or no training required .
Ive also known clinics use lamp bulbs to exhaustion and not re patch test when a bulb is replaced
If a therapist buys substandard equiptment or makes an uninformed decision on a laser machine and is not correctly trained the burns on those legs which will more than likely cause rebound hyper pigmentation in the future would be the kinds of things that would end up costing you in insurance claims
And with no medical ce certification or back up from manufacturer or distributor no correct record of training and diligence you would have not a leg to stand on in court
ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU DO YOUR RESEARCH WELL WHEN BUYING AESTHETIC EQUIPTMENT CHECK THE MANUFACTURER HAS ISO AND MEDICAL DEVICE CERTIFICATION
DO NOT BUY ON PRICE ALONE XXX

Latest posts

Back