Lash extension consultation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lolly22

Reaction score
Hello geeks,

I have started doing lashes again very recently after doing my taining in October 2010 and then doing about 4 sets and giving up. I dont have my training manual anymore as I left it at the salon I worked at last (stupidly). And whilst I am getting on with the practical side of practicing, I am wondering about the consultation. What kind of questions do you girls ask your clients to decide what look to go for. Obviously you would be asking if they want them to look natural or more glamourous. But would you be looking at their curl on their own natural lashes aswell to decide which to use?

I am just looking for what kind of questions to be asking my clients as I have forgot this from my course. I also had a mentoring session with a kind geek a few weeks ago so I know that my practical side is ok, its just the consultation im wondering about. Thank you geeks.

Hi you can buy consultation forms from the flirties shop I just did my training and they came in my kit Hun there really handy and cover everything :)

Ah I see. So it answers all the questions we should be asking? That's what I'm needing to know really :) x

Ah I see. So it answers all the questions we should be asking? That's what I'm needing to know really :) x

If I remember rightly lashbase has downloadable forms for consultation free on their website. Also whoever you but your glue from usually will give you some forms with your order of glue, check that though xx

If I remember rightly lashbase has downloadable forms for consultation free on their website. Also whoever you but your glue from usually will give you some forms with your order of glue, check that though xx

Thank you :). I do have forms but they don't ask much about what look the are desiring. That's kind of what I mean, what questions do you ask your client to assure you are on the same wavelength with what they want. I'm assuming some will just say either a glam look or a natural look and then would you just do what was going to look and suit them best? X

Glam lash do a manual that you can buy, it's not expensive - you can order from them or amazon x

Oh really? Interesting! Because I left my manual at my old salon so that might be handy. Thank you.

So, what do you guys ask your clients before starting a set? Just to find out their expectations and things? Like what is your verbal consultation? I know we fill out the forms for conta indications and everything but if you had a client in what kind of things are you asking them?

I have mine done myself so I always ask them how they like mine (I have them quite long and thick). If they say not as bold as mine then I ask them what the over all look is they're hoping for. It could be just for thickness as opposed to length or vise versa. The natural curl of the clients lash determines which curl I use. I do think clients like an example though so it's always good to get them done yourself. Also it's great advertising! Hope this helps. X

I have mine done myself so I always ask them how they like mine (I have them quite long and thick). If they say not as bold as mine then I ask them what the over all look is they're hoping for. It could be just for thickness as opposed to length or vise versa. The natural curl of the clients lash determines which curl I use. I do think clients like an example though so it's always good to get them done yourself. Also it's great advertising! Hope this helps. X

Thank you, that's a good point about wearing them yourself :)

Latest posts

Back