LED lamp not curing again!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmread988

nail ninja
Reaction score
OK so I have posted about this before with my led not curing the nails properly, but I'm on my third lamp now having the same issue!
I buy one and it's perfect, cures lovely no problems at all... few months down the line it starts to play up and I notice the gels are not setting completely , then I start to get client call backs because the polish is peeling/chipping!

Iv been back to my wholesalers and had to have my lamp replaced 3 times now! The first I admit was a basic sibel lamp but the last 2 have been cuccio lamps that are quite expensive !

Iv asked if this is a common problem with the led and they say they don't experience problems, but 3 times!!! It can't just be me

I'm currently waiting on cuccio customer service to get back to me with another replacement , but being a mobile tech it's really annoying when I have to find 30 mins in my day to get to a client and repair nails that have not cured properly

I don't know if it's because I'm mobile and moving it about too much ? Or just the sheer usage?? Surely they are meant to last through alot of use ?
Anybody else have issues with the led?
I never had any problems with my old uv lamp but iv got used to the compact size and sheer quickness of the led

Are you using Cuccio products with the lamp?

I have the gellux and opi lamps and I've never had this problem?? As above are you using the cuccio products with the cuccio lamp ?

Are they positioning their hands in the lamp properly? I often take a peak and tell them to change position x

I've just had the same problem today, did you find a solution?

Sorry for late reply, turns out the lamp had a fault , they have replaced it with a new one and it's perfect! No more peeling nails!

I don't use cuccio products with the cuccio lamp but I do use led products and cuccio said them self's that a lamp is a lamp and it will set all other led brands so it wasn't a case of the products not being compatible .

I'm looking to get a new one too. I got the max pro 5 but I don't like it and often the thumbs aren't cured now

I always find thumbs to be a bit disobedient lol! I ask the client to lift them slightly or if it's a dark colour set them on their own x

OK so I have posted about this before with my led not curing the nails properly, but I'm on my third lamp now having the same issue!
I buy one and it's perfect, cures lovely no problems at all... few months down the line it starts to play up and I notice the gels are not setting completely , then I start to get client call backs because the polish is peeling/chipping!

Iv been back to my wholesalers and had to have my lamp replaced 3 times now! The first I admit was a basic sibel lamp but the last 2 have been cuccio lamps that are quite expensive !

Iv asked if this is a common problem with the led and they say they don't experience problems, but 3 times!!! It can't just be me

I'm currently waiting on cuccio customer service to get back to me with another replacement , but being a mobile tech it's really annoying when I have to find 30 mins in my day to get to a client and repair nails that have not cured properly

I don't know if it's because I'm mobile and moving it about too much ? Or just the sheer usage?? Surely they are meant to last through alot of use ?
Anybody else have issues with the led?
I never had any problems with my old uv lamp but iv got used to the compact size and sheer quickness of the led

I realise that you might find this strange but have you considered different voltage can effect your effectiveness of your lamp.
For example I bought 5 Calgel lamps at one stage and they all were giving problems then I moved premesis and then all them worked again!!! The rep told me it was the bulbs or some other rubbish but when we tested the electricity output using a reader thingy it showed the current was not constant and this effected the light as it flickered slightly but not noticeably.
So I had to set the nails twice which wastes a lot of time where you can be doing other clients!

So perhaps test that, also mobile just check your lamp is secure , there is a foam sponge you can inset inside while you travel will hold the bulbs in place and also help secure it.
I don't think the lamps are meant to be josseled around.

So perhaps just check that.

I realise that you might find this strange but have you considered different voltage can effect your effectiveness of your lamp.
For example I bought 5 Calgel lamps at one stage and they all were giving problems then I moved premesis and then all them worked again!!! The rep told me it was the bulbs or some other rubbish but when we tested the electricity output using a reader thingy it showed the current was not constant and this effected the light as it flickered slightly but not noticeably.
So I had to set the nails twice which wastes a lot of time where you can be doing other clients!

So perhaps test that, also mobile just check your lamp is secure , there is a foam sponge you can inset inside while you travel will hold the bulbs in place and also help secure it.

I'm not sure whether the voltage could be a problem as I'm mobile and use it in all different houses during the day , but I definitely think the moving about does affect it, I try hard not to bash the trolley about too much but it's hard when you are struggling with it getting in and out all day, and lifting it in and out of the car
Maybe I should start carrying it separate x

Get yourself a power stabiliser. Perhars it's not the correct term, as I'm loosely translating it, but it's supposed to keep the current constant.
Having ups and downs in your device not only makes your machines not work properly but it can also burn them out! I lost an expensive computer that way and it was cheaper to buy a new one than to fix it!
I now have these things on all my expensive devices. Can't keep changing computers and printers. My desktop alone costs more than 1500 and don't let me start on my plotter, foam cutter etc etc!!

Last edited:
Get yourself a power stabiliser. Perhars it's not the correct term, as I'm loosely translating it, but it's supposed to keep the current constant.
Having ups and downs in your device not only makes your machines not work properly but it can also burn them out! I lost an expensive computer that way and it was cheaper to buy a new one than to fix it!
I now have these things on all my expensive devices. Can't keep changing computers and printers. My desktop alone costs more than 1500 and don't let my start on my plotter, foam cutter etc etc!!

Thanks ! Yes I agree this is why I bought so many lamps in my life. I have this massive ugly plug on the end of my lamps now I think it's like a surge protector of sorts.
It just in my town we have cable theft so often that it lands up we have no electricity for few hour every so often... joy of living in Africa I suppose

Thanks ! Yes I agree this is why I bought so many lamps in my life. I have this massive ugly plug on the end of my lamps now I think it's like a surge protector of sorts.
It just in my town we have cable theft so often that it lands up we have no electricity for few hour every so often... joy of living in Africa I suppose
Surge protectors, that's it. Priceless!

Latest posts

Back