Legalities of opening ones own business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kesall

Reaction score
Hi, I wondered if anyone could help me with the Legalities of opening your own Nail Business, I own a Hotel with my hubby and we were talking last night about what we could do with one of our small function rooms we dont use, its always been used for storage etc, anyway I was thinking about converting one of the rooms in my house to slowly start doing nails or building a wee cabin out in our garden (as I do it from home & have started getting quite a lot of clients) I have insurance etc & he suggested us turning the function room in the hotel into one instead? The mind boggles? Im not sure if this would be legal? I have been putting it off for so long thinking i was'nt good enough & never charging anyone etc but Id really love to do this now that im feeling a bit more confident. I have such a huge passion for nails & I know its what id like to do professionally. Id be very interested & grateful for ur thoughts & opinions on this. Be nice tho lol:eek:

hi. you may need planning permission from the local council to change the use of the room if your going to operate a business from it but thats easy enough. just give them a ring and they will send a form.there is usually a fee and it takes a couple of months to be approved but its simple enough.

Thanks for ur advice hon, i have a meeting with my solicitor on Tues for licensing issues so i'll ask him then, xxx

Latest posts

Back